Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • XT M780 i spec B shifter on hope tech lever
  • BrickMan

I’ve got a set of Tech M4 levers (not evo) and a hope matchmaker HBSP263
    And XT M780 i spec B R/H shifter.

According to the hope chart it should work, only it doesn’t really, as currently hope only supports the I spec A standard. Rang them an nothing can do just yet, maybe in the future they might make one.

Whats the problem? Shifter angle is horrific, with the lever about as flat (parallel with the ground) as I can stand, the shifter is pretty much perpendicular with the ground. Not terrible for the small shifter, but for the thumb shifter its just in the way and very difficult to reach unless you have Campag/Italian thumbs.

There isn’t any space to bend the HBSP263 bracket, only maybe machine a spacer to cant the angle round a little bit, but TBH its already flexible on the hope bracket, any extra spacers are going to make it worse.

Is there another company making brackets?

BrickMan

Anyone? 🙂

happybiker
    Free Member

I haven’t personally looked into this but Problemsolvers do this sort of stuff.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I can’t help, but thanks for flagging this – I’m considering getting a new gearset (moving to 10spd) and was going to go with HBSP263s on my levers and Shimano I-spec shifters.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘XT M780 i spec B shifter on hope tech lever’ is closed to new replies.