Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • XT M775 died need other lightweight set, reccomend me some
  • ActionJackson
    Free Member

Had a set of Shimano XT m775 brakes and both caliper seals have gone, started to fade about an hour into ride. As you can’t service these and buying two new calipers is fairly expensive i was looking at other sets what do you think of
    Sram XX
    Formula The One
    or other lightweight set

Any help appreciated

Thanks

gaberin
    Free Member

Go for shimano xtr, avid suck.

I had avid elixir cr mags which are similar to the xx ones, I had nothing but problems with them, then they just broke completely. Or if you do get avid make sure they are new, so you have the warranty.
    I’ve now converted to the new shimano deores ( having spent all my money on the avids) they just feel so much better quality.
    Don’t know about formula.

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Avid are great until the first time they go wrong. Then they are wrong for ever. Stick with Shimano, they are great.

gaberin
    Free Member

Rosebike are cheapest and they are delivered very quickly.

Gribs

Hope race x2 as when a seal does eventually fail you can just replace it. If you want more power then the m4 version. If you want cheaper but non repairable then stick with Shimano bought from Germany.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope race x2 as when a seal does eventually fail you can just replace it. If you want more power then the m4 version. If you want cheaper but non repairable then stick with Shimano bought from Germany.

+1 Bakes should not be disposable items

gazc
    Free Member

OP – are you selling the levers? i need a pair so could be interested if you are, would obviously help fund new brakes as well. email in my profile, thanks

smiff
    Free Member

you can buy seal kits for avid elixir for a few Euros. don’t know how easy they are to fit though as mine have never gone wrong in the 4 years i’ve been using one pair and 2 years for another..
    Formulas, when i had them, had to go back to Italy for seal changes and i only used them for one year (pads and rotors wore down way too fast) 🙄

andyl
    Free Member

I wouldnt mind taking a look at the seals if you’ve taken them apart. They must be available somewhere.

falkirk-mark
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘XT M775 died need other lightweight set, reccomend me some’ is closed to new replies.