Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • xt m770 gear set etc
  • andyl
    Free Member

that is a link to a wishlist – will only show up what you have in your own when logged in.

try merlin and the european sites (forget which, someone will be along shortly) when looking for groupsets.

pondyyfz
    Free Member

changed links

jimc101
    Free Member

What’s wrong with your current Deore kit?

If it isn’t broken, there isn’t too much difference in functionality / feel to make a difference in the real world; for the cost it will take to change.

If you really wanted to change and get XT, get 10 speed, to justify it.

For the Euro sites, there’s Rose, Actionsport and Bike24 amongst others

bigyinn
    Free Member

Shifters first, they’re definitely better even than SLX IMHO.
    The rest? Replace when they wear out / break.

takisawa2

My SLX 10spd is every bit as good as the 9spd M770 XT stuff it replaced, even when the XT stuff was new.
    I’d not be buying new 9spd kit now. I’m sure I read Deore was going 1×10 next time around.

andyl
    Free Member

aye tbh does anyone need more than Deore these days for general riding? It’s been sneaking up in spec the last couple of years and i would have no problem saving a couple of hundred £ to put towards a better fork or lighter wheels by sticking with Deore than XT.

(but yes I understand that if you can afford it then why not. But still, Deore is not to be sniffed at)

Crag
    Free Member

Completely agree on the quality of deore kit.

I managed to bust an XT shifter and had a Deore kicking around in the potting shed. Shifting is every bit as good. Only downside is that the windows needed bastardising with a hacksaw to remove so I could get them in the right position.

I can’t see me replacing until it breaks.

pondyyfz
    Free Member

cassette is wearing, fitted a new chain and now it skips now ana again, the crank set is new. as for the rear mech i wanted somthing with direct cable routing so i dont have to have the large loop going into it

tony24
    Free Member

Why not go 10 speed slx from rose bikes or xt if you can afford it, its so cheap from rose bikes for the new 2012 stuff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘xt m770 gear set etc’ is closed to new replies.