Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XT M760 chainset – NEW CHAINRINGS!
  • muzz
    Free Member

Need 3 new chainrings for circa 2006 XT 760 chainset.

Can someone give me a link to somewhere that sells the cheapest straight fit rings. Not bothered about weight, just price and compatability.

Done lots of research but quite confusing – tales of saying bits of pin off, etc.

z1ppy

just buy deore or SLX* chainrings from where ever’s cheapest – I used Rosebikes last but it worth a look around.
    At worst you’ll need to file the tabs back a bit on the chainring to fit to the chainset, this is not hard and doesn’t cause any strength issues.

No idea why ppl would suggest you need to take the pins off.

*: though I did see some pictures of a SLX chainring with a weird angled tab, you want flat/straight (same as all the others available), so those would be worth avoiding

zbonty

When i was looking a few months back it was cheaper to get a whole chainest (Deore i think) and use that for donor rings and a spare BB.
    You still have spar cranks too. Rings alone are v pricey.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack – I’ve got some 760xt specific Middleburn Slickshift Hardcoat rings only done around 150miles for sale if your interested.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

middleburn seem to last a hell of a lot longer for me
    #edit add in the good race face ones too

When i was looking a few months back it was cheaper to get a whole chainest (Deore i think) and use that for donor rings and a spare BB.
    You still have spar cranks too. Rings alone are v pricey.

For me cranks are not a disposable item when you can make rings and hope BB’s last longer

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Skyliner – if Muzz doesn’t want the rings I’d be interested.

Email in profile.

Thanks

z1ppy

middleburn seem to last a hell of a lot longer for me

After years of hanging in there with middleburn, buying bleedin expensive hardcote, slick shift, I’ve given up. IME They simply do not last 2 times as long as deores, but cost more than double the price.

For me cranks are not a disposable item when you can make rings and hope BB’s last longer

I think he was suggesting ‘you’ could take the rings off, and put them onto your current chainset and still be able to sell the deore cranks & BB to ofset the overall cost. That not exactly disposable, just reasonable sense.

muzz
    Free Member

thanks people

ordered deore outer, middle and slx inner from chain reaction.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XT M760 chainset – NEW CHAINRINGS!’ is closed to new replies.