Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • xt freehub problems
  • ktmblag
    Free Member

Hi guys and gals, just had a run out on the bike and was attempting a steep 1st gear incline, then a loud crack came from the freehub and the freehub was binding..carrying on spinning and making the chain go slack. Gradually got better as i limped home..my question is do you think it’s broke or froze up? There seems too be a lot of sideways movement in the cassette and free hub body..it’s a 29 er with a xt 10spd hub 2013 also which freehub body do i need to replace it..looked but I’m confused by numbers..thanks in advance Blag

coatesy
    Free Member

First thing i’d check is that the bolt holding it to the hub shell hasn’t worked loose, this allows play, and if it comes out too far will press against the ball bearings and cause binding.

cynic-al
    Free Member

get on shimano tech docs and find the hub from the model number. You’ll need a new freehub.

warranty?

ktmblag
    Free Member

Bike as done less than 50 mile

JoeG
    Free Member
    Cheezpleez

Should be a warranty job if it is bust. Take it back and get the shop to fix it.

If you have to replace the freehub yourself, it may be worth buying a whole new hub. Bizarrely, it’s often cheaper to do this.

ktmblag
    Free Member

Well the bikes gone back less than 3 weeks old…hope hubs me thinks..thanks for the

ktmblag
    Free Member

Got the bike back today good service from je james..although Madison had not sent a replacement freehub body it was a full gone conclusion that it would be replaced free of charge so they ordered one and fitted it…the hub was xt fh m-785 and the freehub body had cracked 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘xt freehub problems’ is closed to new replies.