Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • XT crank – Absolute Black oval ring….
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Can I re-use the bolts from the 2 ring set up or will I need shorter bolts or spacer washers?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Oh, and pics of your crank / single ring setup too if you’re that way inclined… Always prefer a pic 😀

Pridds

Reused the 2x bolts on mine without using spacers. The oneup one came with spacers but not the AB one so tried it without and it was fine. No pics sorry, in work.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Kewl….

Well my ring is at the post office (yeah I was in you fktrds try knocking the door) and the crank is on a plane from the UK so I’ll not order any pimpy anodized ti bolts just yet….(ebay watchlist A-HOOY!)

Much faff getting the chainline right or does it sit where the smaller ring was and bob-on?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sure I tried this and it they were too long. Had to get some shorter bolts. That was an old AB ring though. The newer ones seem to come with a more built up hole for the bolt so might be fine.

mahalo

i bought a new pair of XT cranks and a AB oval at the same time not long ago, one of them came with bolts that fit but i cant recall which one. they are shorter than normal tho. absolute zero faff either.

Northwind

I used shorter bolts, but tbh chainring bolts come in loads of different lengths, one crank’s “long” is another’s medium.

rossburton
    Free Member

My AB ring has spacers so the normal bolts worked.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Liking that answer Ross. Ordered mine from CRC on the 19th and they “tried” to deliver it today in Western Australia… Speedy!

RichBowman

Likewise, got an AB ring on a SLX crank.Just used the same bolts as the ring had built in spacers.

joebristol

Just done this to both my bikes. The race face cranks just came with no rings so I had to buy some bolts. The 32t oval ring has threads machined into it and is where the middle ring would normally go.

The SLX crank was a triple. I’ve put the race face 34t ring where the middle ring was – I managed to reuse the original crank bolts as the ring was thick enough.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘XT crank – Absolute Black oval ring….’ is closed to new replies.