Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Xt brakes with sram 11 speed shifter query
  • Denis99
    Free Member

I have a pair of Shimano XT BR M8000 i spec II compatible brakes, the ones that just band on with a hinge.

Want to keep the brakes as I like XT brakes.

I also have a sram rear mech, and 11 speed cassette plus a rear gear shifter ( 11 speed sram) which I would like to use.

How do I get the sram shifter to mount on the bars? I don’t mind having a band on adapter, can’t find a way of attaching the shifter to the xt brakes.

Currently the shifter is mounted on a different bike with the guide brakes by their special adapter etc.

Looked on the web, I must be thick because I can’t seem to find out how to do this.

A simple band on for the gear shifter would be fine.

otsdr
    Free Member

Cheapest I could find it is on ebay, but maybe you can ask around, usually these come with a new shifter and are never used.

You can also get a 20£ adapter that will fit the M8000 brakes for a neater look.

coatesy
    Free Member

Just googled Sram shifter mount, and it turned up quite a few, Acycles and Ridewill.it seem to offer the simpler direct mount types, probably better than the brake clamp with adaper type.

flows
    Free Member

Trickstuff makes an adapter for this combination. Looks like the Problem Solvers MisMatch.

Denis99
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, just the job.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Xt brakes with sram 11 speed shifter query’ is closed to new replies.