• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by kdot.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • XT brakes
  • kdot
    Free Member

Hi,

First post. 😉

I’ve just bought a set of XT brakes in silver for a bike I’m building up. I’m a little disappointed to find that the casing of the master cylinder has a bright polished finish which is in contrast to the rest of the groupset which is a matt finish…

Does anyone know if this is the same for all XT brakes or if the XTR’s would be any different?

I know it might sound a little petty but for the money I’m spending I’d like things to look right…

Cheers

K.

jam-bo

rub some mud on it?

BadlyWiredDog

You want Saint levers really, don’t you?

HermanShake
    Free Member

I think the XTR are solid without a plastic cap (see the red pluggy thing) and have automatically more bling as well as single piece calipers.

Although it does make me wince a little that you are upgrading due to cylinder cap aesthetics, I also get what you mean.

Well done on the tartiness of your 1st post, you’ll fit in well. What’s the rest of the build?

BadlyWiredDog

😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Very brave 1st post. Anyway, SLX isn’t chromed, but has a more matt looking silver cap. XT also comes in predominantly black (lever, body,caliper etc), but still with a chromed cap.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Thats the bling factor of XT brakes – people pay extra for that shiny chromeness!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Turn your bike upside down to fix a puncture. That will make them a more matt finish – and upset STW dwellers.

scruff
    Free Member

De-Jonesing a lever reservoir, now that’s commitment.

kayak23

Simply ghastly…. 🙂

kdot
    Free Member

Thanks guys. 🙂

The frame is a Santa Cruz LTc in Matt grey with Revelation RCT3 forks. The groupset is all XT. Bars, seatpost and wheels still to be decided although I think it’s going to be hope hubs.

I still fine it odd that out of the entire XT groupset only the brakes are chromed caps.

Once I get it all together I’ll post a pic.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘XT brakes’ is closed to new replies.