Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • XT brake pads – which cheapo copies are good?
  • wl
    Free Member

As title really. Want powerful and durable XT brake pads but without Shimano prices. Can anyone recommend me some good ones please? Interested in posh finned ones for lower temps as well as non-finned. Ta.

rondo101
    Free Member

After the famous issue of a cheaper manufacturers’ pad material occasionally separating from the backing a few years back, I only buy Shimano. Buy in bulk from one of the German shops & it works out significantly cheaper than buying in this country.

widge34
    Free Member

Uberbike brake pads are great.

nickjb
    Free Member

I use superstar kevlars. They seem fine. The uberbikes get a few recommendations but they never seem to be in stock.

dukeduvet

superstar organic for me. Purchased a few months back and no problems at all. The bite from them is quite impressive too.

They offer a money back guarantee too

hainman
    Free Member

Usually Superstar or Discobrakes for me…always been ok,better than the ones the brakes come with,Infact i need to order some for mine too

bedfo
    Free Member

Hey Will, its Adrian here from BV last year!

I love Alligator dual compound ceramic pads.I get mine from eBay, 20 quid for 4 Pairs.I was getting 6 weeks out of a pair in Verbier last summer. great stopping power and last forever.

Get some!

fizzicist
    Free Member

I went with the Nukeproof ones – I think they’re actually Hope Mono Mini pads and fit perfectly. Last well with decent bite.

robarnold
    Free Member

Got some uberbike ones off eBay the other day, fiver a set, can’t tell any difference to the Shimano ones after a couple of rides

mindmap3
    Free Member

I went with Uberbike and don’t like them…they squeal like pigs in the wet. Ok in the dry though.

I’m going back to Shimano OE ones because I’ve never had any issues with them…I was just being tight. If I’m honest over never found aftermarket pads to be as good as the OE ones. I tried sone Goodridge ones on my Hayes brakes and they weren’t a patch on the genuine sintered ones.

shredder
    Free Member

Im liking Superstar Kevlar in mine.

GolfChick
    Free Member

ignore any money back guarantee, when you tell said shop that they were appalling and you didnt get on with or like them at all and generally thought they were crap, itll all be your fault and you’ll be stuck with the crapness. I bought Uberbike Race matrix, they’re crap and mega loud in wet conditions but brill in dry so im gonna be running a two pad system depending on the weather!

robhughes
    Free Member

^ uber race matrix.They are absolutely superb.
    mindmap3.Which ones did you use.The race matrix ones don’t make a sound. 😉
    http://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-Shimano-New-XTR-M985-M785-M666-Race-Matrix-Disc-Brake-Pads

wl
    Free Member

Bedfo – ayup there! I tried your XTs in Verbier and they were crazy good. I’ll go for the Alligators. Hope all’s well – seen you were out there recently I think.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Running all 3 sorts of superstar pads. Organic good, kevlar v good. Sintered good when going wet and muddy.

climbingkev
    Free Member

+1 SS Kevlars, £25 for 4 pairs, 2 rides in and loving them. Superior to proper Shimano and Clarkes IMO

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘XT brake pads – which cheapo copies are good?’ is closed to new replies.