Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XT brake levers
  • Inbred456
    Free Member

Mangled a brake lever at Kildale yesterday. They are the older xt hydraulic ones m765. Are the later ones compatible with the older calipers? Can you mix and match levers with calipers?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep – i’ve done this with my brakeset.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Cheers, thought so just wanted to check. Hard to come by those old xt brakes. Will look and see who has any newer levers.

Northwind

Is it just the lever itself? I’ve got a pair of Dangerboy levers for older Shimano, tbh I have no idea what models they’ll fit (I just know they didn’t fit my 775s!) but you’d be welcome to ’em for the price of postage.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Is the lever replaceable? There is a grub screw that holds the pin in place. How is the lever connected to the brake cylinder? I can see a clip inside the housing. Does the lever just unscrew off the rod? The housing is fine it’s just the lever that is mullered.

coatesy
    Free Member

Loosen the grubscrew, and you can then press out the pivot pin (can’t remember for sure, but think they only go one way), then screw in the reach adjuster until it goes all the way through, and the lever should then pull out.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Cheers will try that now. Don’t suppose you can buy the levers on their own?

Inbred456
    Free Member

Got it out. Looks like it has reach adjustment built in compared to the deore lx ones that are fixed. Seen a pair of hydraulic lx ones for £20 on eBay. Maybe look for some of the later servo wave items if I can’t find an lx lever. Thanks for the input.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XT brake levers’ is closed to new replies.