Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • XT brake feel vs SLX?
  • foureyes
    Free Member

Hi all, recently rode some SLX brakes and found them very lacking in modulation, power was immense but with very little control. Anybody tried both and found a difference?

transapp
    Free Member

I think they feel identical, which I like a lot!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’ve got the Deores and am very impressed with power, and seem to enough modulation and the fact that they are about £35 per brake from Germany makes them a bargain!

munkyboy
    Free Member

I have Deore and xt, and they are pretty damn similar so slx are probably the perfect combination of price and efficiency

nwill1
    Free Member

Had both SLX & XT feel identical….power is immense, modulation is good you just need to get used to the sensitivity.

foureyes
    Free Member

what size discs are you all using? usually 185 or so for me.

Got Formula RX on one bike which is somewhere between the SLX and and Juicys on my other bike in terms of modulation and outright power.

To be honest after another ‘enjoyable’ session trying to get pads in and out of the juicys im tempted to ebay them and go for XT and hope i get used to the power delivery! (actually, did the adjustment on the XT have any bearing on modulation over the SLX?)

transapp
    Free Member

No the modulation is the same. To be honest, I find them fine. One finger and there’s plenty of feel in them for me!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘XT brake feel vs SLX?’ is closed to new replies.