• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by sv.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • xt br-m775 brakes and superstar pads?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any reason not to try these?? used disco pads before which fitted truly shockingly, always rattled even with shimano pins/holder etc..

are the superstar ones any better? just gonna get a few pairs for this winter gloop!

-Liam-
    Free Member

I find the avid ones are a tight fit in my calipers.

Probably not alot to do with SS though

ajf
    Free Member

I have used superstar in my XT brakes. They last a long time and stop the bike so I am happy with them.

Not much else to say about them really apart from you can't really go wrong for the price.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Same as ajf here. No problems in my XT or old Saints.
    Kevlar reds are awesome in dry but do not pick for any wet use!

Northwind

I've got the kevlar ones in mine, they were ever so slightly too wide- the paint on the pad backing seems quite thick. But no bother, just chased it off with a file, takes 2 seconds and then the fit's perfect. Come with a northwind seal of approval these do. And absolutely fine in the wet for that matter, I mean I live in scotland so I know 😉

Just bed them in right, there's a trick here because they start giving good power after only one or two hard stops so you think "that's enough", it's not though, you need to treat them just like you would a sintered pad as the power isn't a good indicator of being bedded in. Quite a few people have been caught out by that I reckon.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

They do work in the wet, not as powerful I reckon, but for me the squeal is unbearable. Like 'must go home' unbearable. Get any squeal in yours northwind?

Northwind

Nah. Well, no more than any other pads at least.

sv

I use SSC sintered in both my 525 Deores and SLXs (same pad type S1) very happy with them. They do squeal when cold/wet but are ok once warmed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘xt br-m775 brakes and superstar pads?’ is closed to new replies.