Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • XT 11 speed derailleur / Sram cassette compatibility
  • TimT
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me if an XT M8000 rear derailleur will play nicely with a SRAM 11-speed 10-42T cassette – specifically the XG-1150?

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, it will.

nre
    Free Member

Just built up my new Anthem with that combo, seems to work fine.

TimT
    Free Member

Thanks!
    Will now make it so.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The SRAM mech is very nice too 😉

tom.nash

Yep, running exactly that. Just use a SRAM chain I have found to match the cassette. 😆

nre
    Free Member

Yes good point, I run a SRAM chain on mine too (PC X1) as heard that matching cassette to chain was a good plan.

iain65
    Free Member

Just used the new bike on Saturday with XTR shifter/rear mech, SRAM X01 cassette and XTR chain – all worked really well.

brassneck

I think one of the bikes (Aeris Bird?) in STW this month was being sold with that combo, so I’d have to assume it works nicely.

chrismac

Ive been running that combo for 4 months now and it works perfectly.

Chainline
    Free Member

Iain65. A goat link added to the xtr mech makes it work sweeter with the 42 cassette. Also allows you to go to 45t and replace the Alu ring.

It works fine as is, but the goat link just makes it more xtr like. The xt mech is already optimised for 42t.

18bikes for goat link…about £20

iain65
    Free Member

Thanks chainline, that is worth knowing.
    Iain.

benpinnick

+1 for working well. The shifting is distinctly lighter and the chain line much improved. The set up can be a bit fickle as I think the spacings are fractionally out, but it works great on the trail.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Chainline, is that the new 11 wtc goat link?

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Anyone know if this will fit on my pro 2’s
    Am sure I read it will fit a 10 speed freewheel?

benpinnick

No you will need a specific XD driver for you hope hub (its readily available).

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Sram casette wont fit unless you use the Sram driver . Shimano 11 speed will go straight on .

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

So shimano 11 speed cassette fits hope 10 speed shimano freewheel?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Yes

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘XT 11 speed derailleur / Sram cassette compatibility’ is closed to new replies.