Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Xperia Service Centre repairs (Sony smartphones)
  • spooky_b329

Got a simple defect with my Z3 Compact, camera button doesn’t work correctly.

Has anyone used the official Sony repair service…will they get me over a barrel or are they fairly reasonable?! The only info I can find is a couple of complaints over them insisting on repairing all faults, i.e. charging for a new screen due to a chip when it was returned for an unrelated problem…

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Sent my Z1 Compact back to them after the rear panel lifted and let in water, leading to the SD card slot not working. Came back with a new, well, everything bar the screen! For free to boot, so I was rather pleased.

What’s the issue with your camera button, as I think my OH’s Z3 Compact might be doing the same?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I used an independant place to fix my on/of button.

Cost ??

Convenience … brilliant

spooky_b329

I was sitting on my heels brushing mud off a horse’s legs, phone fell out of my pocket and hurtled a full 30cm to the floor, where is landed on the camera button. Very fragile and it was only a few weeks old!

The button now doesn’t have a spring action, the half press works to open the app and focus, but the full press doesn’t work so can’t take photos without removing gloves etc…or use the camera in the rain as the touch screen has to be disabled if very wet.

Considering Sony as I don’t want to compromise the waterproofing…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Wife’s Z compact went back for something. It was back within a few days all fixed for nowt.

My Z1 is up for renewal next month – no brainer for me to get another Sony. Great phone…

milky1980
    Free Member

My Xperia SP went back to them to have the charging socket replaced. Took them 3 times to get it right. It is a generic problem with that model mind (the casing slowly pulls the socket off it’s pins somehow). The other annoying thing was that they always said it had the latest software updates on it when it was returned, switch it on and it would spend the next hour or so updating all the apps!

All under warranty at 3 months old and has been fine since (now 20 months old) so no idea on coats as I sent it back via the local O2 shop every time.

spooky_b329

Might take it back to the Voda shop to the postage issues…thanks guys 🙂

jakd95
    Free Member

Sent my Z1 off to be fixed after it wouldn’t turn on. Considering I’ve had it nearly 2 years and only had a month left on the warranty I was pleasantly suprised when they replaced the port covers/back/speaker as well as the battery (the cause of the fault), without any charge.

spooky_b329

Well that was a positive experience.

It was back in six days with a new part fitted, and no charge. Online tracking so you can see where it is at the service center.

It was returned factory reset (as advised) and relocked to the network (still got the unlock details thankfully) and as per when I first bought it, the APN settings needed fettling to get mobile data working on EE.

Going via the Vodafone shop was a little complicated as they needed a Vodafone phone number otherwise the computer wouldn’t play ball, thankfully he was cool with this and used the ‘shop mobile’ phone number! Saved the hassle/expense of posting an expensive phone and being around to receive it when delivered back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Xperia Service Centre repairs (Sony smartphones)’ is closed to new replies.