Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • XO 10 speed shifter help please
  • dancingdolphin
    Free Member

hi all,
    i removed the plate via the big screw to remove the cable and now cannot get the plate to sit solid like the other does. xo 10 speed shifter very new and undamaged?
    2010 xo on a 2011 bike.
    many thanks,
    mark.

mattjg
    Free Member

Have done this many times and never had an issue.

The obvious things first:
    * you have the plate orientate correctly?
    * something inside is fouling it laying down correctly?

dancingdolphin
    Free Member

hi,
    * i removed cable and could not got the plate to sit correctly. the guy who pruchased both shifters and the rear mech has spent as hour fiddling to get it.
    * something is definately fouling it but two adults with loads experience cannot get it.
    any help v appreciated.
    best, mark.

strike
    Free Member

Give the SRAM tech centre a call > 01727-798345.

mattjg
    Free Member

did the top plate get bent or damaged somehow while it was off the bike?

if 2 grown ups with the kit in hand can’t resolve it, it’s unlikely posting on a forum can I think

I guess you need to find a buddy with the same widget and try theirs. I am in Surrey and have X0 bought last autumn if that helps.

dancingdolphin
    Free Member

hi,
    thanks for all your help.
    sram tech wont speak to public apparently.
    best, mark.

strike
    Free Member

hmmmm….SRAM Tech used to speak to Jo Public! Did you just call and get told that?

dancingdolphin
    Free Member

hi,
    yes, was told that at 8:30 this morning, tried the number given above and was same fisher general dealer number.
    best, mark.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Having taken one of these apart, converted it to 9 speed and then back again I might be able to help.

Take a 4mm hex key and a square driver bit (robertson #2 might just do it). With the top lid off put the hex key in the bolt in the middle of the spool and the square bit in the bottom receptacle and make sure they’re not loose. Don’t try to tighten them too much as the metal on the bottom is actually cheddar cheese and it’ll just round off.

If that’s not the problem make sure the spiral spring is sat under the discreetly clipped edge towards the middle of the spool (make sure you’ve got the shifter in the highest gear position to reduce tension and make it easier).

Lastly and you’ve almost certainly checked this, the plate screw has to sit centrally over the cover before it’ll screw in. Score marks round the outside of the hole will give it away if that’s not flush when you’ve been trying to screw it down.

I have a picture of mine with the lid off if it’s any use in comparison with yours to check all the springs are located correctly etc, let me know if you’d like to have a butcher’s.

dancingdolphin
    Free Member

hi,
    wonderful help, thanks.
    could you please mail the image to,
    markligertwood at hotmail.com
    best, mark.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Sent, hope it’s of use.

dancingdolphin
    Free Member

great, thanks.

mattjg
    Free Member

fixed?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘XO 10 speed shifter help please’ is closed to new replies.