Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • XML Smudge Light thoughts
  • stayhigh

I wonderd what people thought of THESE lights?

They look a good spec and price and Smudge batteries enjoy a good rep here.

Anybody got one?

z1ppy

Yes, well a head unit anyways, much bright than my P7, outshines my Trout Mini, though the Mini’s spread is hugely better.
    M8 has the cheaper DX version on order, so will compare when that turns up.
    I use two light (cause I can, not because you need them) and where-as the mini used to swamped the p7, the XML compliments it better.

I’m happy to recommend them, m8 is only getting the DX one as he already has a P7 & is skint, though he’s obviously having to wait much longer to get it & return it to HK is there issues.

trout
    Free Member

not wanting to nick a sale off Smudge
    but I have one I bought as a trial to see if I wanted to stock them

good light with a strong spot and sharp cutoff at the egdes. not to my liking as like a flood that goes a long way

for sale cheap was going to put it on the classifieds when I returned from hols

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve got one. For £67 delivered it is superb.

Very promptly delivered too.

Well thought out piece of kit and plenty bright enough.

philfive
    Free Member

What about a proper bar mount?

derek_starship
    Free Member

What about a proper bar mount?

That could be improved upon I must say. The thick O ring method though rigid and secure is not a good finish!

bigjim

Is the bar mount cack? I’ve just recommended this to a friend, thats all.

z1ppy

The bar mount is fine (same as what Lupine used to use on their £500 lights) but can move around, a bit of tape under where you mount the light will help alot…but for a much better mount, purchase one of these (Electron EHP325/335 not the micro):
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=6091

Unscrew the upper part of the Electron mount, and remove the bar mount from your XML unit, screw those two bit together (may need a small shim to space out the screw)

I assume it’ll be the same as the this which I’ve used previously, though I’ve only just order one of these to confirm it is..

RustyMac

z1ppy

cheers for the link to the bar clamps, the o-ring for my original DX light just snapped, think i’ll give that a shot instead.

z1ppy

I have to admit that it was Moggy off bikeradar who first posted the electron clamp, though the one he originally linked to is now discountinued (along with the other one above I used previously), so I haven’t actually recieved one of these mounts yet* (I have just ordered one for a m8) but the photo shows the correct mount.

* My little disclaimer in case it turn out to be incorrect…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

trout – how cheap is cheap? cruz.heckler@gmail.com

z1ppy

As per my post above, I’ve just recived the mount & it’s no good unless heavily modified (drilling). Sorry for the bum info but I’d hoped it was the same as the Electron EHP300/305/310/315/320 mount pictured which was the original one I’d bought before it went out of stock.
    Having to return two to CRC myself… 😳

Rockape
    Free Member

Got one of those XML lights. It’s my first go at night riding it’s very good. Delivery was very fast no complaints! But I say it’s my first bright night light so not much experience of anything else. 😀

cupra
    Free Member

Any update on these at all?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘XML Smudge Light thoughts’ is closed to new replies.