Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Xmas TV
  • aracer
    Free Member

I imagine this one has already been done, but can't find a thread, so here goes.

What a load of rubbish there's been on TV this year. I know you shouldn't expect much, but even by normal standards it's been pretty dire. Wasn't even that impressed by the Gruffalo which seemed to be the headline programme on Xmas day (I do have an almost 3 year old son, so am very familiar with the book!) To cap it all, last night on C4 they had some quiz of the year – but get this, it was quiz of the year 2005. Now what exactly is the point of that?!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Im only a young un, but worst year i can remember, especially when i'm stuck offshore, which is the only time i really watch tv.

theotherjonv

agreed; although there have been a few highlights. Gavin and Stacey was great, Strictly Special was good ( :?), looking forward to the V+'ed Hamlet.

And there's a Boxing Day Test Match and 2 full days of football.

bruneep

and 2 full days of football.

Oh joy! 🙄

IdleJon

My 6 yr old who loves the Gruffalo wandered off before the end leaving me to watch it on my own.

The last 2 nights have been dire TV – we've watched DVDs (Rhod Gilbert was excellent) or read/drunk/ironed etc.

I was amused by how bad Ant and Dec were.

aracer
    Free Member

Strictly Special was good

That was a highlight? 🙄

And there's a Boxing Day Test Match

Aah, had forgotten about that – thanks for the reminder (not that it's something I can watch, but Cricinfo is always diverting). Bah – looks like they've already finished for the day!

teagirl
    Free Member

Hamlet and the antidote Pirates of the Caribbean, altho' we missed 30mins was excellent Christmas TV but thats about it. I love Victoria Wood's stuff but felt her Xmas Spesh was such a letdown. Recession affects TV listings.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

got Sky HD and there was nothing on, although last night was TV night (thats how i see boxing day anyway) the parents were over, we settled down to watch a movie (Hancock) until a better one came on. My mother huffed and puffed until i was worn down to turn it over to Ant and Dec

thankfully the planner was full of good stuff and forced her to watch Not going Out and Grumpies Guide to Xmas – Moral of the story, you don't like what we put on, then i'll find somehing else that'll make you moan even more

now she's hopped it me and the wife have got some torrents to watch tonight 😀

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Top Gear is on later with a boliva special. i assume they are going to drive "death road":

bassspine
    Free Member

doctor who was a disappointment. 25 minutes of material spread out into 45 and that bloody tate woman on it again.

oldfart

what the hell was that bloody impressions show last night ?managed less than 2 minutes of that .

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I got angry at that pile of sh*t ant & dec last night. Top Gear was good tonight though.

carbon337
    Free Member

TG was excellent tonight funny and less scripted than normal – IMO

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Pish! 😐

Stoner
    Free Member

as someone who normally doesnt watch TV…I thought its been great. Admittedly, the only TV Ive watched this Christmas has been:

The Incredibles
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Wallander Episode 13 and
    Brooker's Screenwipe.

Was there other stuff on?

fastindian
    Free Member

i think the true indicator of just how dire things are is the fact that the best thing so far was a repeat of the morcombe & wise xmas speacial, now thats funny.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have watched alot of football yesterday and today. Everything else has been background noise to xmas scrabble sessions.

aracer
    Free Member

I see we're making progress – tonight C4 have made it as far as 2007.

john_drummer
    Free Member

XMas what?

Drac

Must be bad as my Mother In Law even moaned about it and she watches any old shite.

gator
    Free Member

The most we've sent on Sky PPV in one week than in years – that's how good it's been

AndyP
    Free Member

I got angry at that pile of sh*t ant & dec last night.
    You were expecting quality TV from them, presumably?
    Quick tip: if it's either on ITV, or features Ant and Dec, it's going to be sh1te. There are shite things which do not fit this pattern, but there are no things on ITV or featuring the talentless geordie duo which violate this rule.

darrell
    Free Member

i dont watch tv – so for me it was great cause i've been playing Dragon Age on my PS3

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Xmas TV’ is closed to new replies.