Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Xmas ride in Bristol area – any suggestions?
  • Legoman
    Free Member

Meeting up with a mate in Bristol over Xmas for a ride & wondered if anyone could suggest a route.
    Ideally somewhere within riding distance of the Emersons Green/Mangotsfield area so we can ride straight from his gaff to avoid driving (then we can enjoy a couple of 'refreshment' breaks along the way!!)

Cheers.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Just ride along the water to checkers in ham green and stay there….

Most of bristol is 'sh*te' at the mo due to that wet stuff that comes out of the sky.

Get in the car 45 mins from you is CC you can do a couple of laps and be back and in the pub before you know it.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Easy peasy. You guys OK with a map? Drop me an email.

TooTall
    Free Member

If only ADH offered to do that for me! I live out in Emersons Green and would LOVE that sort of information. I could string you a few random joined-by-cycle-paths rides around there that are fairly pub-centric.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Dumbass, I've offered to guide you a ride anytime yer like 🙄

If you wanna know, you can email me too …

Legoman
    Free Member

Cheers ADH – you got mail.

TooTall – cycle paths & pubs would probably fit the bill. Which pubs would you recommend?

TooTall
    Free Member

I plan more research this weekend. I'll get back to you!

ADH promised me a guide around Bath, not Emersons Green! Don't believe anything he says – a slippery wee customer and no doubt. Nice hips tho.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I've tried to email you TT, dunno if its yer current hotmail account or no.

TooTall
    Free Member

I dunno – can't see that from work. I'll be home in a bit. POETS day and all that.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Well if it innae, email me as per my email account in me profile, and I'll forward it all on again.

backhander
    Free Member

I live in mangotsfield, any chance of sharing please?
    I keep meaning to explore some of pucklechurch and perhaps hinton but haven't gotten around to it yet!
    ndobbsieATmsnDOTcom
    Thanks!

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Ooh me too please, analogueandy AT yahoo.com

TooTall
    Free Member

Right you lot. I'll harvest the e-mails and start a bit of a NE Bristol mailing list. Pubs, paths, there must be trails linking them all.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

<i>Pubs, paths, there must be trails linking them all. </i>

You're on 😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

Look out for the escapees from the remand centre!
    There's some great little lanes around that area, I remember them well from my days in the TRF. I imagine most will be WELL muddy right now – have fun chaps! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Xmas ride in Bristol area – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.