Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • xmas pressie for the mrs….cycling bell ..any recommendations?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

something nice for her gravel bike as a small present.

kcal

spurcycle would be default recommendation.

alexpalacefan

Spurcycle. They’re the best.

APF

GolfChick
    Free Member

I got the rockbros bell from Amazon, very similar looking to the spurcycle but way cheaper. I like it, good on the hardtail for canals etc!

carlphillips
    Free Member

seen the spurcycle ones they look nice indeed, will check out the rock bros too
    knog oi looks unobtrusive too..

tjagain

I got a beautiful brass bell from ebay IIRC. the mounting is a bit cheap looking but I am sure you could fabricate a better one easily. Lovely big shiny brass round bell. Depends if that look would suit your other halfs bike.

rOcKeTdOg

Timber, hands free bell ringing!

kcal

knog. oi. just no.
    bought a couple when they were launched, teeny ping inaudible when actually moving outside.

scaredypants

sorry to butt in

what’s that bell that works a bit like a cow-bell – rings as you move over bumps ?

carlphillips
    Free Member

@SP i think you mean the timber bell..

will give the knog a wide berth then cheers..
    I dont think the spurcycle bell will suit the bike, hence the interest in the knog oi..
    timberbell is an optionthough

MrPottatoHead

Trying to decide this myself. Currently torn between Spurcycle which seems way to speedy for commuting, and the Crane e-ne.

^^ timber bell

chipster

Timber
    Edit; beaten, twice.

kayak23

joshvegas
    Free Member

The spurcycles(or copy) bell can be mounted the wring way round and rotated back inline with the stem for that stealthy look.

leffeboy

The timber is brilliant – recommended

steve_b77
    Free Member

What about one of those integrated Garmin mounts that have a bell that Merlin sell?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

TheGingerOne

Another recommendation for Timber

CraigW
    Free Member

A proper brass bell from Lion Bellworks. They have the option of custom engraving. http://www.lionbellworks.co.uk/

Onzadog
    Free Member

We have several Timber! bells. They’re great, a real plus when riding in popular areas.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

In before The Hornet 140dB! 😈

RobHilton
    Free Member

Excellent review of The Hornet

[video]https://youtu.be/eFAQY5v3fog[/video]

BigDummy
    Free Member

Currently torn between Spurcycle … and the Crane e-ne.

FWIW, I have lost one Spurcycle because the wire lever snagged on something and got bent hopelessly out of shape. The Crane’s looks a little sturdier perhaps?

Bez

I’ve got two Rouleur cowbells and a few zip ties in the garage, I’d best get myself on Kickstarter.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Be careful, I told my wife I was getting her a ring for Christmas, then bought a bell. We divorced shortly afterwards.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

If you love her…….
    Lion bellworks.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘xmas pressie for the mrs….cycling bell ..any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.