Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Xmas present you gave youself
  • redmex
    Free Member

I treated myself to an audio chromecast to have something new to go along with the pants, socks,coffee beans,chocolate I always get. Best 36 quid spent for a while £6 was for the cable to connect to my amp and speakers with top quality spotify.Pure jongo 3 for sale

stewartc
    Free Member

Well, my wife wasn’t going to get me one!

bearnecessities

I bought some sexy underwear to make me feel special.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You shouldn’t need underwear make you feel special bear. Just head out the door without any[thing] on and you’ll see from the looks you get just how special you are.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

http://www.jacksonsleisure.com/ who are a great little company to deal with, happy to spend time talking and listeninng, and their prices are great too.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

A P47 thunderbolt, radio controlled aircraft. To add to the other planes I don’t have space for or have time to fly.

simmy
    Free Member

It’s not here yet but I’m still going to count it as a Xmas present when I get my new Van.

Alex

@stewartc – you’ve clearly been a very good boy this year then 🙂

I bought myself a fenix 3 Sapphire. It’s what I should have bought before buying a TomTom Spark and then a Vivoactive HR+! Three rides and one run so far and it’s absolutely fab. Best thing is I can actually blooming read it with my lenses in…

mrblobby
    Free Member

A box of Di2 bits to replace the stuff I pinched from the race bike to put on the winter bike. And there’s a new fancy turbo trainer on the way to my LBS too.

stewartc
    Free Member

@alex I dont treat the Naughty or Nice list as arbitrary when treating myself.
    Those Fenix3 look nice, sadly no reason to upgrade my 2 yet.

Stoner
    Free Member

Hmm. Not got myself anything for Xmas, but I’m still probably cashing in on my new Hoyt bow and risers from my birthday last month.

The walk up a mountain on my own on boxing day was probably my favourite treat to myself this season.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I did the Kickstarter thing for the Silca T-Ratchet and Ti_Torque kit. And it arrived just before Christmas. Its very nice to play with. I’ve taken all my carbon bits off and re-installed them just to play with it.

beej

A box of Di2 bits to replace the stuff I pinched from the race bike to put on the winter bike. And there’s a new fancy turbo trainer on the way to my LBS too.

Di2 on a winter bike? Bah, that beats the P2M crankset on mine. Now, where did I put those spare SRAM Red bits?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

New Fox shock for my Enduro.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Di2 on a winter bike?

Makes a lot of sense as it still shifts perfectly even when a bit filthy. And after a summer of Di2 going back to the old mechanical 105 that was on there was a bit rubbish.

Love those Silca ratchets up there. Very tempted myself.

jam-bo

A new tripod. Amazon app pinged at me on xmas morning telling me the tripod I’d had in my basket on xmas eve had dropped from £40 to £20.

goldfish24

Got this Atkinson walker dovetail saw from workshop heaven. You have to make the handle yourself!

nickc

Thule roof bars and bike carrier.

badnewz
    Free Member

Although I have to wait 2 months for the build…

holst
    Free Member

A nice metal spoon to replace the plastic one that I’ve been using to tamp coffee. Amazing the difference it makes.

stevious

Got myself a new turbo trainer when the old one stopped letting me change resistance. The gift of winter fitness.

mactheknife

BAdnewz, dear god that is lovely. What is it??

bikebouy
    Free Member

Likes the motorbikethingy, is it a model?

I bought this, in the main cos’ I need one and my local surf shop had a pre Xmas sale on..

badnewz
    Free Member

The motorbike is a restored Yamaha 250 from the early 80s. Company is called Mokka and based in Budapest. I’m getting a different exhaust put on it mind…

stewartc
    Free Member

Badnewz is making me re-evaluate my life, or more precisely, next Christmases present. That is a nice motorbike.

Merak

badnewz:

What kind of ballpark are you in for that? 2nd hand Grom territory?

momo

Raceface sixc bars and turbine stem

dufusdip
    Free Member

A ridiculous indulgence of a cassette remover. But it’s so tactile that even the wife likes playing with my (new) tool.

Crombie

badnewz
    Free Member

@Merak normally it would be best part of £5k but I’ve thrown in the bike so the restoration job is £2.5k. The bike cost me £1k.

bensales
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

An old XJ 250?

Looks lovely, not overly quick IIRC but way better than the Superdream of the same era.

Not jealous, nope.

LMT
    Free Member

Lego! Imperial shuttle and a wall-e

badllama
    Free Member

New clutch for the car 😥

A new tellybox, which is really quite nice to watch

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PnXszq]20161228_095505[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

rmacattack
    Free Member

nitecore hc30 headlamp and a 18560 battery with fire no where in the name

john_drummer
    Free Member

Set of 7 drum mics, three mic stands and seven XLR cables. I think I need one extra stand.
    But that Epiphone Thunderbird bass down there is looking tempting v

flyingmonkeycorps

Picked up a Panasonic GX80 with kit lens, should arrive tomorrow. Hoping it will reignite my passion for photography (and hopefully ignite a new one for video) beyond Instagram pictures of buildings from odd angles.

vmgscot

Return flights to Denver and car rental to get us and our bikes around Colorado, Utah and Arizona… can’t unwrap it until September though.

mattyfez

New motherboard, cpu and 16gb ram, for any interesed geeks its an i5 6600k at 4.5ghz

mrhoppy

Remedy 29 frameset soon to be joined by some forks and wheels.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Xmas present you gave youself’ is closed to new replies.