Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Xmas eve – what have you all done so far?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

So far I’ve made bacon butties for everyone
    Made a batch of rolls and a cob loaf which are doing a final prove before going in the oven
    Boiling a big lump of ham prior to baking
    Peeled spuds and carrots for 11 people tomorrow.

Need to wrap a few pressents for the wife before going out at 3.00 for drinks with friends.

Feeling good and more like xmas now it’s got a bit colder.

Merry Xmas everyone – hope you all have a great time.

oldnpastit

Played Christmas carols with a friend (me on Bb cornet, him on Euphonium) outside the butchers while people collected their turkeys.

Unjammed the hateful waste disposal unit.

Xylene
    Free Member

Went to a dolphin show.

Met a pink dolphin. Looked at some beach houses to buy.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Turned up to work
    Proved to my staff why I’m in charge by solving a long standing technical issue they couldn’t sort themselves
    Went to local pub for a full English and a pint
    Now waiting for the ‘go home’ email from above

allthepies
    Free Member

Flown a quadcopter (not for long, was too windy), surfed net, wrapped a pressie, eaten lunch. Off to pub shortly.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Work….

john_drummer
    Free Member

Pressies wrapped yesterday. Today I’ve had a bacon & egg sarnie & been to Booths for some nice ales. Pendleton Witches Brew, Ilkley Brewery “Mary Christmas”, Oakham Ales Inferno and Avalanche from one of the Scottish breweries

mattbee

Regretted the amount of Tallisker I drank after finishing off a bottle of Rioja last night.
    Wrapped wife’s presents.
    Had a new windscreen fitted to the van after it got cracked last week.
    Made a big thick wedge of a cheese & chorizo sandwich for lunch.
    Not far off putting the iPad down for some serious sofa snoozing before getting wife out of bed later (she’s on nights).

clunker

Tiding up my three children’s bedrooms, and the playroom.

Eating lots of mince pies and chocolates.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m in work, ate pringles, chocolates, various other crisps
    Done secret santa
    Done a small amount of work – enough to keep me from being bored
    Raffle at 2pm where everyone get a prize
    Leave at 3ish for 20 mile ride home

PiknMix
    Free Member

Finished painting the kitchen ceiling, then rewired a new ceiling light, put up a mirror over the new fireplace and a few pictures in the spare room.

Love little finishing jobs around the house.

dingabell
    Free Member

Been for a very nice ride round Swinley with mates.
    Now in the bath eating chocolate.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Ate a massive bacon, sausage and egg bap and two Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Some work, finishing at 1. Then off to the BMX track for a cheeky christmas eve jump sesh 😀 😀

cr500dom
    Free Member

Been at work since 7, just about to leave

wool

Thinking about starting the xmas present shopping I hope the petrol station is open late…..

samcamsdad

Had my first ride since a knee op in November this morning 🙂 only 20 miles on the road, but still very happy with that! Having a brew, then off out to drop some cards off with mates and godchildren, and hopefully a pint or two in the eagle. Merry Xmas.

ps44
    Free Member

Bit of a lie in 😉 , porridge, ride in the woods, ready for some lunch now. Better do some wrapping after that.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

found the missing tickets and details for the train ride back from sicily
    lost my ticket for the new years day derby (imminent house destruction as everything gets trashed looking for it))
    ate a load of chocolate sweeties and got another box of chocolate covered bribery from a supplier

aP
    Free Member

Cycled to work, had 1hr meeting, then wrote report of site visit I had in Ramsgate on Monday, done some Autostitching of panoramas taken on Monday’s site visit, finished off options appraisal of SFA options for a project, about to review details of a couple of small jobs being drawn up currently, just need to finalise a quotation for some additional work, look at some PII stuff, maybe some perfunctory desk tidying (ie pushing stuff to one side to make it look emptier), probably leave about 3:30-4… then to drive to the other side of Penrith tomorrow morning from Richmond upon Thames…

wilburt
    Free Member

Lay in with coffee served in bed.
    Bit of Christmas cookery TV
    Nice sausages, onions and bacon sandwiches for everyone.
    Watched Wall E
    Having a poo now
    Going for a walk in a minute.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Lie in after Monday nights epic car debacle, now at soft play with my boys and wild niece.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

went to bed late after a 14 hour shift, woken up several times by child no4, woke this morning at 7:30am, coffee, sausage butty, acted as a referee between child no1 and child no3 while they tear strips off each other, gas ran out for the cooker, rang gas place, rushed down, collected another bottle, get back, child 1 has flu like symptoms, rang Selfridges moaning about an order not arriving, assumed the mrs was off out delivering family presents early today, she’s still here,

basically a wasted day so far, id just love to go to sleep.

edit: child no4 just shit his pants

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lazed on sofa for a bit, cleaned the house top to bottom with Mrs B, had plenty of hugs n kisses with Mrs B, going to make some lunch then might see if Mrs B fancies a walk around the local park this afternoon. Going to prep tomorrows food and do a nice steak later….first time in the 12 christmas’ that me and Mrs B have had together that she’s not been working till 6 on Xmas Eve so we’re enjoying it and each others company, which is lovely.

stu170
    Free Member

Bacon and cheese butties to soak up last nights Jim beam, then a blast around the woods, pint in the local on the way home. Enjoying a stress free, relaxed Christmas

Coyote
    Free Member

Turkey in the oven, gravy preparation started.

Will be preparing the veg and potatoes later with a couple of Leffe and a glass or two or Shiraz.

Happy Christmas all!

northshoreniall

Made it to work late so boss can go early. Just had lunch and walked my new assistant ( brought my dog to office for day 🙂 )
    Plan stick iplayer on for afternoon as mark time/ clear inbox.

Simon

Rode to work on the road in the dark.
    Finished work at 11am.
    Rode home the fun way, over the moors and through the woods.
    Now time to wash me and the bike. Then hopefully do very little for the rest of the day.
    Happy Christmas!

thepurist

Work this morning, kicked out at noon, home, finished lunch now off for a bonus ride 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Went to the gym and gave it some extra oomph ready for tomorrows onslaught and booked climbing wall for Saturday morning. Just wrapped some tat, now waiting for pasta to go soft enough to eat.

Scapegoat

My day started late last night with a call from my sister to say my 89yr old Mum is not going to be discharged from hospital today because there was a cock-up in the care-package assessment by various parties. So we’ve collected my disabled brother so he can have some semblance of a Christmas, and I’ve spent all day on the phone trying to arrange a transfer to a community geriatric ward or even a respite care bed, whilst cataloguing the endless examples to PALS of how to make a frail old lady’s fortnight in hospital as humiliating and degrading as possible while failing to give her even the basic prescribed things like eye-drops or PPI for her reflux, having to console the ward sister who ended up in tears of frustration at the lack of staff on her unit, juggling that with a busy day here at work, and eventually learning that all our efforts are in vain as Mum has managed to dislocate her hip in the wonderful care of the grubby, shabby shithole she’s now stuck in for Christmas.

However, in one hour and thirty five minutes’ time I will be handing over to afternoon cover and making my way to Halifax to watch the Panto, in the company of my elderly MIL, entertained by the fact that she’s so off her tits on Tramadol we rarely notice the clear signs of dementia. My disabled brother has managed to lift the mood of everyone by being so cheerfully upbeat because he’s with my kids, who he adores, and who love him to bits, and if really pressed, I’d have to admit that shouting “he’s behind you” will be a welcome break from dealing with hospitals and dying mothers. Then I have the dubious honour of picking my lad up from the pub where he works and sampling a Copper Dragon in the process, before finally getting round to wrapping Mrs Scape’s pressies before going to bed ( a personal, obstinate tradition!) . My favourite day of the year, and to be honest, nothing is really spoiling it yet!

benji
    Free Member

Working, waiting for the go away bah humbug moment.

chewkw
    Free Member

Descaling toilet bowl to sparkling clean now.

highlandman
    Free Member

Set off in the dark to ride over the Sidlaw hills to Dundee for work, hitting the top on frosty trails that are in way better condition than I’d expected. There were a few snowflakes on the wind and the sun rose in classic Christmas card, golden style as I came through the woods into the edge of town. Reckon it’s going to be a cold, hard ride home at dusk but it’ll still be fun.

spacemonkey

Took the dog for a 2hr run over some of Surrey’s finest hills. Played cars and Lego with the chimp. Currently watching dinosaur film with him. Curry and beer lined up for later.

Yak

Applied hg mould spray to the bathroom. Nice and clean now, but the house smells like a swimming pool.

colournoise

Christmas cake for breakfast.
    Have cooked the pie filling for tomorrow, done the red cabbage, rumbledethumps all done and ready to fry, ham boiled.

Still to do today – head out for a cheeky little 2 hour ride in a bit, Zoe’s presents to wrap, pigs in blankets to wrap, and then chill with a few Erdingers.

First Christmas we’re not going to either set of parents, just us and the dogs tomorrow. WAY more relaxed this way!

bikebouy
    Free Member

73ks on the CX’er in super sunny South Hampshire, up and over the Downs and back to thie sea. Jet washed the bike and me, fully cleaned, lubed and now sparkling.

We’re off into the Downs again to get some Christmas spirit from one of our fave villages.

Enjoy all.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Ham boiling in orange juice in slow cooker. Am wrapping presents. Honest. I just got distracted for a second.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Spent the day mountain biking in India

fasthaggis

Local ride this morning,just before the rain blew through,there was still some frost lurking that caught me out a few times,but good to be out.
    Even the dog walkers I met were full of Christmas eve cheer,smiles all round .
    Washed bike and got it ready for the Sunday race fun event.
    Threw some last minute cards through letter boxes.
    Off to see a film (St. Vincent)with the family,then a meal and some booze. Merry Christmas 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Xmas eve – what have you all done so far?’ is closed to new replies.