Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • XL Stumpjumper Evo for someone 6'2"?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Thinking about getting a Stumpjumper Evo frame to replace my FSR XC, but the only frame I’ve seen is XL. I’m currently on a large, with lots of seatpost showing. The XL Stumpjumper has a slightly shorter TT length than the FSR XC, but the effective TT is quite a bit longer. Planning to put a pretty short stem on it, something like 50mm. The current FSR XC has a 70mm stem. Cheers for any help, particularly if you’ve got one.

sambob
    Free Member

EDIT: I’ve got long legs, hence why the XL might be a good fit.

JCL
    Free Member

29″ Stumpy frame. Nuts to consider a 26″ IMO.

sambob
    Free Member

Prohibitively expensive, I’d need new wheels and forks, meaning it’d cost north of £1500.
    Having said that, I had considered a Horsethief.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

JCL

Every time I read something like this, I’m sick in my mouth.

JCL
    Free Member

Every time I read something like this, I’m sick in my mouth.

Well if cost wasn’t an issue there isn’t the slightest argument against it so enjoy that sick.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

JCL

Well if cost wasn’t an issue there isn’t the slightest argument against it so enjoy that sick.

Well, since I’m making the tea, I’ll be brief and just say that in 2012 virtually every major international mtb event was won on 26inch and 650b wheels.

Plus they look fugly. And are less fun to ride. And any perceived advantage can be negated by rider skill.

rOcKeTdOg

Well, since I’m making the tea, I’ll be brief and just say that in 2012 virtually every major international mtb event was won on 26inch and 650b wheels.

olympics don’t count as “major” then?

And are less fun to ride

🙄 blimey 1/10 for effort there chap

muddyfunster
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

olympics don’t count as “major” then?

Oh yeah. That one. The least technical XC course of the entire season. Good example.

renton
    Free Member

Anyway back on topic ..

Im 6 foot 1 with 33″ legs and ride a large 2011 stumpy(not evo) and find it just right !!

had a go on a mates xl enduro and it felt like a barge!!

I would look out for a large tbh.

JCL
    Free Member

Do you remember how long suspension forks and disc brakes were available before someone won a XC World Cup with them?

Hey and remember 2011. Virtually every World Cup round and the World champ XC was won by a 29″…

The bottom line is a 6’2″ guy would definitely benefit from the wheelbase (30mm on the chainstays) of a 29″ Stumpy over a 26″

Not to mention that the former is the faster bike regardless of terrain.

renton
    Free Member

he isnt asking about 29ers though !!!

just looking at the size difference between a large and xl and there is quite a bit in the top tube length isnt there!!

there rest of it isnt far off a large size

muddyfunster
    Free Member

renton

he isnt asking about 29ers though !!!

But it’s pointless to not ride a 29er, or didn’t you know? 26″ wheeled bikes will cause impotence, balding and premature ejaculation.

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers all. Don’t want to risk it being too big, so I’ll leave it for now. Horsethief at Charlie the Bike Monger’s is looking increasingly tempting though.

rOcKeTdOg

how’s the shoulder muddyfunster?, must be sore carrying that 29 inch chip around with you 🙂

muddyfunster
    Free Member

The shoulder hurts, but it’s not as bad as the drone of dullards in my ears and the offense to my eyes.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

JCL – Member

Before writing on here perhaps you should ask your carer if you can post first 😉

nickdavies

I’m on a large, not an evo but measurements are similar. It’s too small for me at 6’2 and 32′ inseam. I’d go XL, tried the 2012 non evo and it was nice, didn’t feel quite as nimble but anything over an hour of riding it and i’d sacrifice that for the comfort.

jamj1974

I think a large would fit better going by your measurements.

kudos100
    Free Member

I’m 6’3 with a 35 inch inside leg. Large with a 400mm post. XL would handle like a sack of potatoes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘XL Stumpjumper Evo for someone 6'2"?’ is closed to new replies.