Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • XL Nukeproof mega – Any of them about?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’m looking to swap out my DH frame and fork for something I can pedal. I like the look of the old mega, but the top tubes are short on the large.

I’ve heard talk that an XL was made, but haven’t had much luck in finding if they just made a few or if they did a run of frames.

Anyone know?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

How tall are you? Have you ridden a large?

Just asking, as the top tube is indeed quite short but the steep 75 degree seat tube means the reach (bb to head tube) is about 30mm longer than the top tube number alone implies.

This means it feels longer when stood than seated, which is great for keeping the slack front end down on climbs but then giving room to move when stood and ragging downhill.

6 foot and love my large with wide bars but much taller and I would agree, look for an XL if you can.

kudos100
    Free Member

I’m 6’3. Haven’t ridden a large, but I’m pretty sure it would be too short from riding other bikes.

Also as it will be replacing my Dh bike, I’d like it to be a bit longer than an xc bike.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

It’s certainly long and slack, well mine is with 170mm Lyriks on (internal headset cup)

I’ve not touched my DH bike since I got my Mega, in fact, will probably sell it as the Mega is so capable all round and I’m no longer racing. Great bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘XL Nukeproof mega – Any of them about?’ is closed to new replies.