Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • XL GIANT TRANCE X
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

has anyone sat on a xl giant trance x series range.

i went to order my bike and sat on a L as they have to order a XL in for me and i have to pay a deposit to buy the bike or they wont order it in.

i want to make sure the XL is ok asd the L seemed on the small side…

i am 6ft 5 so just making sure it will be ok.

nick

br
    Free Member

I had a large Anthem X for a few days, and thought it was quite small, even having to use my own 400mm seat post. I'm 6'2" with 34" inside leg.

TBH I wouldn't buy without trying, ask them to get in a demo XL from Giant; 'cos it might not 'fit' either

anjs
    Free Member

Well I have a large 08 trance x and I am 6ft2. It seemed a little on the big side at first but I have gotten used to it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You deffo have to try Giants for size before you decide what you want. I'm 5'11" and ride a medium with a shorter stem and it's close to the limit of being too small, but I'm OK with that.

clubber
    Free Member

Well I'm 6'5", 35" inside leg and I've got a L Giant NRS (geometry is near enough the same IIRC) on the way and I was dithering about the size. In the end, I decided that based on my other bikes, I'd prefer the slightly smaller size but I'll report back when I get it to confirm.

Check out this thread:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tall-giant-nrs-owners-what-size

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I'm 6'5" and my 2008 XL Trance (100mm version) fits me bang-on for xc. Giant sizing seems a little odd. The box said 22" but I measured the seat tube c-t as 20.5".

Maybe you should try a different shop that won't ask for the deposit. Are you close to one of the Giant Concept stores?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

no im not which is a shame…. they have a large and im way to big for that.

noone else here stocks a giant XL as they are not wanted like the s,m,l

im not sure what to do…. all are wanting a deposit to order as they dont want it in stock if not.

argh~!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Sponging-Machine, if yours measures 205, it could be labled wrongly. Check the headtube length to make sure, should be 190mm on an XL, 165 on a L.
    Wouldn't be the first one to come out of the factory wrong.

Shandy
    Free Member

Nick,

You could try the fit calculator on Competitive Cyclist. It gives you a decent indication of a "standard" fit for your body shape. You can compare the outcome with the bikes you already have.

You are very likely to be an XL with your height, once you get into actual measurements you will probably convince yourself that the L is too short.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

yes its more the fact i dont want to get the xl when its too small 😉

i got a spesh xl and its perfect 23" frame so i dont want to get the xl and being to small..

nick

br
    Free Member

Like I said, my LBS just got a demo in from Giant for me – didn't cost them, and neither did it cost me.

Have you asked them?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i have asked 2 shops out of 3 and all say they cant, bearing in mind im in austria maybe works a little different here…
    thanks for your advice tho

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘XL GIANT TRANCE X’ is closed to new replies.