Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • XL Full sus
  • calitriuk
    Free Member

Hi, my mate is looking for a full Sus XL he’s 6ft 2 cash waiting ideally 650b – he is based in Cornwall and I am up North so we should be able to get to most places for the right bike – Alps trips a couple of times a year and some local jump parks and trails.

show me what you’ve got!

thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rule one… forget letters get on with the reach measurements and the height.

Mate just got the new RM Slayer, very very nice bike perfect for the bigger stuff and a true big sized bike.
    XL Santa Cruz now work for taller people too, though best bet is to get out get a leg over stuff – does he make it out of cornwall or are you buying for him?

scaled
    Free Member

6’2 isn’t necessarily XL territory these days which makes buying second hand a whole lot easier!

calitriuk
    Free Member

He doesn’t really leave the Cornwall area but for the right bike he will travel,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So is he looking new? used? Long legs? long arms? Whats he on at the moment how does it fit?

calitriuk
    Free Member

sorry, so he is looking for used or new – very long legs, currently he has not got a bike.

hes 6,4 not 6,2 –

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps putting this in the WTD section might be a better idea?

calitriuk
    Free Member

good idea, ill do that not sure if I can move the post

theocb
    Free Member

At 6’4 with long legs I wouldn’t be surprised if he needs a XXL frame. As above check the numbers of any frame options.

Some XL frames are now only using 19inch seat tubes which means using a length of scaffold pole as a seatpost (or accepting that your dropper is maxed out,too short and flexing like a piece of spaghetti under your sexy booty.)

AlexSimon

Bird make frames with a nice amount of room in them.
    E.g.
    https://www.bird.bike/product-category/complete-bikes/aeris-145/

Geo here:

Yetiman
    Free Member

I think that would be my preference, or an Airdrop Edit which I think is similarly priced.

Or this for an oddball option.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2180484/

theocb
    Free Member

That bird only has a 19.6 seat tube though.

AlexSimon

Increased standover is a good thing.
    More room for 170mm droppers is a good thing.
    As long as you have minimum insertion on frame and seatpost, I don’t see the problem.

jonswhite

I’m just thinking about selling my 2015 Mondraker Foxy XL – 140mm rear with 160mm Pikes up front. I’m 6’2″ and its right/a bit big for me.
    Email in profile if he wants pics.

BFITH
    Free Member

YT Capra XL……….

chiefgrooveguru

Some XL frames are now only using 19inch seat tubes which means using a length of scaffold pole as a seatpost (or accepting that your dropper is maxed out,too short and flexing like a piece of spaghetti under your sexy booty.)

A 170mm Reverb is 480mm long. With that inserted 100mm into a 19″ seat tube (480mm) that gives you 860mm to the saddle rails from the BB. You can probably add about 200mm to that for the required leg flexion, crank length and saddle height. That’s well over 40″! Who has 40″ legs?!

urlucky13
    Free Member

Hi everyone, this post is about me looking for a bike. Its my first time buying a proper bike. I’ve always had cheap used mountain bikes or bmx’s. My measurements are : height 6’4″, inside leg 36″, wing span 77″, from inside armpit to fingertips 31.5″. Not sure if they are the right measurements, but if someone could advise, that’d be great. I’m not against getting a used bike, i’m just hoping to get as much value for my money.
    I’ve been looking for what seems like an age, for a bike. I’ve seen so many that i may have seen too many. I’ve been looking at the Vitus Escarpe and Sommet, both nice bikes. Looked at the Whyte G-160 today, bit more money than i want to spend but again , nice bike. I’m open to suggestion to be honest.
    Cheers Mick for posting and getting help, thanks in advance for any help too, Cheers, Josh.

calitriuk
    Free Member

@urlucky13 No problem, got some good advice for mine on here

Paul-j

I’m 6,2 with orangutan arms as i’ve been told. I’ve possibly got a mojo geometron G16 size; Longest for sale, Frame, fox 36 180mm forks, x2 shox, fox doss seat post and a set of Mavic crossmax XL wheels.
    email paul.james.jeffery@gmail.com if he’s interested.
    Only reason for selling as buying the newer version.

theocb
    Free Member

😀 Apparently you will be fine with any frame over 15″ coz some short arse on the web has done some fag packet maths based on a 480mm reverb 😯 😆 opinions,opinions 8)

chiefgrooveguru

Apparently you will be fine with any frame over 15″ coz some short arse on the web has done some fag packet maths based on a 480mm reverb opinions,opinions

I have 34″ legs… Those numbers were facts, not opinions. It’s not exactly rocket science. But feel free to limit your choice to bikes with longer seat tubes than you need and top tubes that get in the way when cornering…

longmover
    Free Member

I’m 6’7″ with 36″ inside leg. I ride an XL Cannondale Trigger, with a 150mm reverb at max and it fits, and feels long enough but not overly long which is good. The main problem I have is getting the bars to feel high enough, just about did it with an extra spacer and 38mm rise Renthals.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My boss is 6′ 4″ and rides an XL Kona Honzo (on my recommendation)and it fits him like a glove.
    There should be a ‘Process’ or ‘Precept’ out there that would fit the bill. Is his name Bill?
    I know the Honzo is 29″ but that would be the wheel size I would be looking at if I was 6 – 4.

theocb
    Free Member

😀 It’s a side issue and wasn’t what I meant but

Those numbers were facts, not opinions

I’m sorry but they clearly aren’t 8) , you have included some randoms, based the seated-pedal height position on exact inside leg measurement and also forgot about seat tube angle.

TBH, my ‘opinions’ comment was about all of us advising the OP’s friend and having different opinions. You might want the top tube a bit lower and happy to compromise seating position and seatpost flex for that small gain.
    I wouldn’t, I think it crazy to buy a well built/designed frame and then whack a 400mm unsupported flexy pole out the top of it while ending up sitting/pedaling over the rear wheel axle.

thetallman
    Free Member

As a 6’7″, long in the torso chap, I’m really liking the look of that Bird Aeris…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘XL Full sus’ is closed to new replies.