Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Xfusion sweep – internals
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Can someone help me with a little issue. I sold an xfusion sweep fork to someone with a broken damper (it was advertised as such so no surprises). However they are saying there is something missing from the inside.

So once the lowers are off the travel adjust leg has a wee clip that you remove with a pin spanner so you can remove the spring assembly, but what does the damper leg have at the bottom of it. Can anyone who’s taken apart their xfusion fork let me know.

Thanks

martinhutch

Get him to send a picture of the damper leg. I had mine apart last weekend and I can only remember the damper tube there.

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/official-xfusion-rl2-fork-service-tuning-thread-910996.html

Has some disassembled pics (second post for the damper).

The only thing at the bottom is the foot bolt with the bit that takes the compression adjust knob.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Cheers for link. I’ve got a pic of the uppers from the fella and they look just like the first pic after point 5 in the first post of that thread. You can see the pin spanner cap clearly but the damper side looks like it has no cap at all. From my small search I can’t find out if there should be a cap or circlip there or if it is indeed just an open ended thing, as the damper gets removed from the top of fork assembly.

martinhutch

I think I understand what you mean. No, the damper just pulls straight out upwards once you unscrew it from the top. There is no pin spanner cap on the damper side. The only thing separating the contents of the damper from the lowers is a rubber o-ring halfway down the assembly.

Is he suggesting there should be? post up his pic.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Picture is here on google so it’s just a link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gjSuTaUiGsNpn4HC2

Can you embed google images on here? I’ve never figured out how to.

martinhutch

Here’s what I think has happened. There are, IIRC, some machined threads at the bottom of the upper tube on both sides.

However, the thread is only needed for the air side for that screw-in cap. I assumed this was because it is easier to machine the airside and damper side uppers as if they were the same.

Your buyer can see the threads and thinks something should be screwing into them on the damper side.

What was wrong with the damper – had you just stripped the foot nut or buggered it up properly?

bungalistic
    Free Member

I thought the same as you, the threads are there but they’re not actually used. The damper blew on a ride and the blue top flew off (and got lost). I advertised it for sale with this info.

martinhutch

Yep. If he just sticks a new damper assembly in there it should be fine.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I’ve tried to say that but he’s not having it, so even though he’s taken it apart it looks like it’ll be easier to just have it returned to me.

martinhutch

Ah well. The joys of online selling. 🙄

Get it back, wait for HLR damper kits to drop in price a bit, upgrade it…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Xfusion sweep – internals’ is closed to new replies.