Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Xfusion Roughcut damper
  • RicB

Does anyone know where I could buy a Roughcut damper aftermarket?

I have a set of Slants with the RL2 damper, which is good but I’ve had a few niggles with it. Plus the new Roughcut damper is getting rave reviews.

I’m still on 26″ wheels so don’t really fancy splashing out £500 on a brand new fork when the slant chassis is still fine.

batman11
    Free Member

Guess your first port of call would be to phone/email upgrade to see if they have them or even do it for 26inch fork versions! Then ask for your local dealer and go from there.

RicB

Thanks – trying that route but not having much joy. It’s the same damper for all 34mm forks afaik

tish
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind trying this on my sweeps if it’s possible

simonbowns
    Free Member

We spoke to Upgrade last year about this and were told that Roughcut dampers (on their own) would likely follow in 2016. XF were keen to focus on complete fork production, understandably.

We’re meeting with XF/Upgrade at Core show at the end of this month, this is on the list. Email if you’d like keeping in the loop – info@18bikes.co.uk

tish
    Free Member

Thanks Simon

benpinnick

The damper is excellent but I would also recommend as highly the new seals and what I think is a stronger negative spring.

moneytrain81
    Free Member

I emailed X-Fusion about this a month ago, I was told the damper will be available as an aftermarket drop-in part in about 8 months.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Xfusion Roughcut damper’ is closed to new replies.