Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Xfusion Manic availability?
  • jakd95
    Free Member

On the look out for a new dropper to replace a goosed Reverb. The new Xfusion Manic looks reasonably priced and the cheap replacement cartridge appeals.

The few reports I’ve read said it would be available this spring, has anyone got any idea when it’ll be available? None seem to be for sale yet.

daver27
    Free Member

previous experience of the old Hi-Lo Strate would say “why would you bother?”

plenty of other options out there

kelvin

Don’t know about shops/retail, but they’re available with Cotic bikes as of now (stock arrived last week, and I’ve added them to the bike options).

http://www.cotic.co.uk/news/2017/manicnow

Paul and other riders at Cotic have been giving one a beating.
    Only downside seems to be that the cable can become detached from the bottom of the post if you undo the seatpost clamp, slam the post in the frame, and then pull it out high again. Only something they discovered when quickly changing the setup for different height riders mid ride. Easy to prevent with a zip tie around the cable end (or not lending your bike to your mates).

Paul prefers the action of his to the Reverb he was using, so is sticking with the Manic.

transition1
    Free Member

have one on order, not in stock yet. looks like a good dropper had one on the Sled at Core bike show

Kamakazie

Looks like a similar setup to the new Crank brothers highline post which has had really good feedback and the idea of cheap cartridges is appealing.

At those prices I’ll likely be getting one next.

Kamakazie

Hmm I’m sure Freeborn had this listed at £125 a week or two ago. Now at £200 which is a massive hike!

Do Cotic sell parts seperately?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Xfusion Manic availability?’ is closed to new replies.