Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Xfusion Hilo not returning fully
  • DickBarton

Hi,

Got this recently, clearly old stock and never used but I have it fitted and it appears to be working, but it doesn’t return fully…I’m assuming it’ll be down to age and lack of use so perhaps needing some air or similar?

Does anyone have one and experience of it not fully returning? If so, what should I do? Top up air or is it more likely to need a complete strip down and rebuild?

Ta.

taggart303
    Free Member

Same thing happened with mine when it was new, it just needed more air. Hopefully that’s all your’s needs too.

http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pdf/Checking_Air_Pressure_on_Hilo_Posts.pdf

CheesybeanZ

^^^ this , did one yesterday that hadn’t been used for ages .

jimw
    Free Member

It may just need cycling through a few times as in the link above. I have got used to pressing the release twice with a second or so in between and it pops the last little bit on the second push. this is with the correct 25psi pressure

DickBarton

Excellent, thanks…appears easy enough to do, also appears to only need about 28psi…hopefully a dead easy job. Is it? How many times does it need cycled to shift the oil or is it easy enough to attach shock pump and add the air?

jimw
    Free Member

As it says in the link, it is important to cycle it with the post upside down and add the pressure with the lever in the open position. Otherwise you will find oil gets into the pump

DickBarton

Ok, ta, so I cycle the post upside down about 10 times, then get a 3Rd hand to keep the lever open (or depress the button at top of post), connect pump, pump to 28 psi, then remove pump and release button?

I’m an eejit so need to double check I know the process!

CheesybeanZ

Cable ties or velcro = 3rd hand

DickBarton

Had a look…bottom of the post is completely flat…how do I remove that to add air? There are no slots of indentations to allow me to remove the bottom…so I can’t add any more air.

Any tips on how to remove the cap?

Cheezpleez

Just lever it off. It snaps into place.

I had the same issue, and the same question about how to get access. Don’t worry, you won’t knacker anything getting it off.

DickBarton

Hmm, ok…how does it come out then, I don’t have anything thin enough that doesn’t fold, so I can’t get any purchase on it…

walleater

Do you have a drill? I drill a hole in the plastic cap and then stick something in the hole to lever it out. Don’t drill in the middle though! There is the valve there. Maybe do a google search for what the post looks like under the cover if you want to play safe. X-Fusion don’t want people phecking about with the post which is why they put the cap there (doesn’t help for checking air pressure though….).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Xfusion Hilo not returning fully’ is closed to new replies.