Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • XD Cassette options?
  • phutphutend

I’ve acquired a new wheelset with XD driver. I’m now looking at getting a cassette for it:

-I’d like to stick to 10spd so I can use my existing derailleur/shifter. But if this isn’t possible, then so be it.

-I’d not too fussed about a 42T ring. 36T would keep me happy. I definitely don’t want bigger than 42T.

-Less £££ is good.

What are the options? And probably more realistically; what are the compromises I am going to have to make in my choice?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sram only, gx is the cheapest and functional. You can’t go 10sp with it. If you really don’t want to then the xd drives can probably e swapped for a normal one at little cost in the classified section (more people will want xd and have a normal one to swap)

10-42 is also the only option and a great 1x range (if it’s too low get a bigger chain ring

fathomer

As far as I’m aware:

– 10s XD cassettes don’t exist

– all XD cassettes are 10-42

– XG-1150 (GX range) is cheapest

Edit: beaten to it 😀

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I would buy a standard freehub and sell the XD.

Or keep it for when you sell the wheel-set.

Are you ever going to use XD?

I love my 11×1, simple and good for training on my CX.

Still prefer 2×10 or 2×11.

sam_underhill

FGF has an e-13 10 speed cassette for an XD driver.

phutphutend

FGF??

Northwind

Fresh Goods Friday

But tbh XD freehubs are probably in more demand right now than trad so there’s a good chance you’ll find a swap and might even make a little back on the deal. There’s no really cheap way to swap to 11 speed with the XD

jonnyrockymountain

What is the rear hub? If it’s American Classic I’d be interested in a swap for my Shimano one?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There’s no really cheap way to swap to 11 speed with the XD

Gx cassette is a reasonable price and you can run both sram and shimano on it? Personally I’d take it as a sign to jump. Loving the gx setup on my trail bike

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

Gx cassette is a reasonable price

It is reasonable – in fact it’s so good it’s made half the more expensive cassettes pointless, SRAM seem to have resorted to exaggerating its weight to make it seem like there’s a gap… but by no means is it cheap.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No 11sp cassette is and the xt brick is pricy for something of its heft.

phutphutend

The hub is a Tune, probably pretty rare so less chance of finding an Shimano freehub.

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

No 11sp cassette is

Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘XD Cassette options?’ is closed to new replies.