Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Xc/Trail bike search
  • 6un4
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m looking for a mountain bike. General use. some XC racing, trail riding, nothing to big in jumping department.

Last mountain bike I had was ragley mmmbop on 26″ wheels and on trails it felt really amazing, but was lacking in xc department especially as competition switched to bigger wheels.

This summer did race XC on a CX bike and it wasn’t that bad if not the sand ^^

So looking for playful XC bike in 29″. something that pedals efficiently and still can do fun things. I’m 173cm tall.

Kona Honzo CR
    Specialized Epic HT comp
    Trek Procaliber 9.7
    Stanton Sherpa

Any other models to consider? Maybe someone is living in Luton area and has one of these bikes ?

NormalMan

Solaris.

bjh888biking
    Free Member

I cannot recommend the Honzo enough here. Ive had mine for 9 monthsish now and I love it. Most the time used for speeding round trail centres but also long XC rides and races. It has to be the most fun/fast bike I’ve ridden.

I have tried the others (with exception of the Sherpa) and they are great bikes, however, proper race machines. Perfect for an XC race but very aggresive for every day riding.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Xc/Trail bike search’ is closed to new replies.