• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XC60s and bikes
  • leffeboy

For you XC60 owners out there, can you get a 29er in with just one of the seats down and front wheel off or do you need the whole of the back to get it in flat?
    Similarly, can you get a tourer with a rack in upright with just one seat down and the front wheel off?
    They look huge from the outside but I’ve a suspicion that boot space is a bit tight unless all the seats are down

Thanks

longmover
    Free Member

I can lay my Xl Trigger 27.5 flat with the wheels off and 2 seats folded. I have had it like that with a pram in the boot as well. I just use a roof rack now as it’s far less faff than removing child seats and the like.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Suspect roof height might be an issue.

Looked at XC60s and liked them a lot. Then bought an XC90. I can fit a battleship in the boot. With the turrets on.

longmover
    Free Member

I agree with flashy, they are quite low inside.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Looking to pick up an XC60 on a cheap lease deal?! Lot of car for 6k or so over a couple of years.

iainc

I looked long and hard at them in December, on bass of a 4 yr PCP. Bikes would be going on roof, so would have used a small step to load, as I used to do with a people carrier. Ended up ordering Audi estate as bigger and cheaper on finance.

whytesky
    Free Member

Wife has one. I’ve never tried a bike inside but yes, they’re not as big as they look. Low roof for vehicle type as others have said.

Decided against roof mounting. I have a V70 and roof mounting works but is an effort in that so would be far too much effort putting them on and taking them off a taller vehicle.

Towbar mounted carrier was the best choice in the end for the XC60. Word of warning. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, press the tailgate unlock button on the key fob when the rack is on with bikes on. Sure, the tailgate has an obstruction sensor and will close again once said obstruction is detected but it has to make contact first in order to detect obstruction. Oops.

leffeboy

Low roof for vehicle type as others have said

That is one of the attractions but clearly is one of the downsides as well :(. Most of the time would sling the bikes on the roof as that is easier, it’s just occasionally I get caught needing to stick a bike in a car with more than two people and with our Peugeot 307 that was always easy

Might look at the tow bar mount as well

leffeboy

I can lay my Xl Trigger 27.5 flat with the wheels off and 2 seats folded

That’s probably good enough for what I need. I’ll nose around that configuration thanks

5lab

they’re being fairly heavily discounted at the moment as they should be replaced next year. ie http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-year-contract-hire-lease-a-volvo-xc60-t5-245-se-nav-auto-with-leather-for-only-2601503

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘XC60s and bikes’ is closed to new replies.