Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XC World Cup this weekend – your support is needed
  • Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

As some of will probably know Phil Pearce has been smashing up the Southern XC Elite field this year and has had some incredible results at the national rounds (3rd place behind Grant Ferguson and Liam Killeen).

This success follows a short but impressive introduction to XC racing, Phil won 2 Sport races in 2013 and was the highest ranked Expert rider in 2015 (winning a lot more races than not).

Anyway the point of the thread; he has managed to get funding to go to this weekends round of the World Cup in Germany and being the sensitive soul that he is I know it’d mean the world to him if he knew you lot were all tuned in to the RedBull channel and cheering him on from your sofas. Please keep an eye out for him in his Banjo Cycles / Specialized / Raceware team kit (white with red detail) and send him your support on Twitter (@pashley_phil)

Thanks guys

njee20
    Free Member

Quite the rise. Very impressive, and good luck to him. Nice that he’s letting someone else win the Southern XC!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Go Phil!

Rides a lot with a friend of mine on our local trails, a great bloke by all accounts. And Banjo is my LBS too. So I know who I’ll be cheering for 🙂

akira

Might be worth mentioning day and time.

gazhurst
    Free Member

I’ll be there in Albstadt this weekend…if I can get anywhere near the pits, I’ll definitely stick my nose in and wish him good luck 😀

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Good call on the date and time, too early!!

Cross Country Men – Sunday, May 31 at 12:00 pm GMT on the Red Bull Channel

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

So then Messers Blobby who are you, we share local trails and LBS?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hi Adam. I’m Hefin. Use to get out a bit on the banjo evening rides around Greenham up until a couple of years ago (before kids!) Now mostly doing road stuff with NRC. I think we may well have met at some point.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Ah yes, our paths may well have crossed?

If you are doing Summer Cross at Goldwell Park I’ll see you at sign on, the first round is tonight!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Won’t make it in time tonight but may well pop down and give the riders a bit of encouragement 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘XC World Cup this weekend – your support is needed’ is closed to new replies.