Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • XC World Champs this weekend!
  • 6079smithw
    Free Member

Prevot, Langvaad or Neff in that order likely winners for the women.
    Schurter or Absalon for the men.

I’ve found if you can watch an F1 race in full then an XC race is a similar level of incident but you can connect more with what they’re doing.

hels
    Free Member

What, no shouts for Grant Ferguson for Scotland ! (who I assuming is in the team, better check)

ferrals
    Free Member

Grant Ferguson is racing in the U23 which is this arvo I think. Hope he can capitalise on his recent win and end te season on a high!

Great results from the british juniors a day or two ago:
    Silver for Evie Richards

rexated
    Free Member

Schurter has had a run of great form, so he’s got to be the favourite- hopefully there will be another epic battle with absalon. Meanwhile Neff seems to have dipped from her early dominance opening it up for the other two you mention.

I’ve never watched xc wcs before but they’ve been great – I even think Rob Warner has been doing a really good job with the commentary. Hope red bull continue with it next year…

tang
    Free Member

Can’t wait! Evie Richards got a Junior silver yesterday and the lads did well too.

shaggy

Anyone seen any good bike tech articles?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Sadly there’s no GB Elite mens riders to be cheering on yet again.
    Shame that BC don’t seem interested in riders who aren’t part of their programme., it’s pretty poor of them to not enter our National Elite XC Champion in the World Championships.

medders
    Free Member

where can I watch this in full (not live)? Redbull TV only seem to show the 25 minute highlights (which is good but I want to watch it in full) of the world cup rounds so assume same for champs.

dlr

The replays are full length on Redbull’s site? ~2hrs, I just checked a couple of the XC ones from this year ie http://www.redbull.tv/videos/event-stream-526/cross-country-men

tang
    Free Member

Shaggy – MTB-news.de had some features on riders bikes.

franki
    Free Member

Looking forward to it! 😀

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Shame that BC don’t seem interested in riders who aren’t part of their programme., it’s pretty poor of them to not enter our National Elite XC Champion in the World Championships.

Is our National Elite XC Champion not Grant Ferguson who is racing in the U23 race?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

My mistake, I was meaning Phil Pearce the National Elite Series winner.

ferrals
    Free Member

IS there a reason that BC aren’t sending anyone for the elite? Do you have to be in their Olympic development squad or something? just simple money? Agree its a shame no elite rider.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

My mistake, I was meaning Phil Pearce the National Elite Series winner.

he cannot be that good, he’s only racing 4th cat on the road 😉

hels
    Free Member

It does seem a shame – this is a well worn record – but being the best in British series sadly doesn’t mean you can be competitive at world level, the standard just isn’t that high. Its not Switzerland !

There was a campaign a few years ago when the world champs was at Fort Bill and BC didn’t send the maximum number of riders allowed, which was an own-goal PR wise. In the end riders were selected and allowed to ride for their country if they funded it themselves.

And Grant Ferguson is an Elite rider – he is riding un U23 as previously noted.

tang
    Free Member

Come on Grant! Sitting in 4th atm.

ferrals
    Free Member

under 30 seconds back – how many laps are they doing?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Apparently he finished in 3rd place. Excellent work.

6079smithw
    Free Member

shaggy – Member
    Anyone seen any good bike tech articles?

From May, some XC bikes http://www.pinkbike.com/news/albstadt-xc-pit-walk-bike-checks-and-crazy-tech.html

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Is Thomas Craig Nicks son?

ferrals
    Free Member

Great from Grant, saw a few pics of the u23 womens and it looked super muddy.

Course preview: Claudio gets spanked

crazy-legs

Is Thomas Craig Nicks son?

Yes. If anything he’s quicker than Nick now.
    Should be interesting watching them race the CX season together.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Man that makes me feel old!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Some XC bike with this pit walk.
    World champ bikes

6079smithw
    Free Member

Finally caught up with all the racing.
    Pauline Ferrand Prevot must be literally from another planet. I’d love to visit it. And those tricolour grips are très cool.

Schurter is in the form of his life. Must be maddening to be Absalon, so close but not enough.

I’d imagine DH riders on DH bikes might struggle with that off camber section 😯

And both gold medallists did it on the slowest wheel size

mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone know where the replays have gone? Seem to be missing on the redbull site now. Disappointed 🙁

bigdaddy

There’s highlights of all the world championships on bbc I player I discovered today! Who knew there were xc eliminator races?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks, I wouldn’t have thought to look there!

XCE was still on RedBull.tv but the XCO and DH links both seemed to be broken. Curious.

Sam

Watched it on the iplayer last night nd there was some great racing. Elite men’s race time was only 1.5 hrs though – what’s up with that? Admittedly I don’t follow pro xc racing very closely, but BITD world cup and world champs used to be around 2.5 hrs. All part of the push to make it more tv friendly?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Been that way for a good few years now for the world cups and world champs, with marathon xc as a separate thing being over a few hours. Probably for the telly.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Still can’t find the full length replays of the races, anyone know where they are? All I can find are some short highlight packages.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘XC World Champs this weekend!’ is closed to new replies.