Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Xc tyres
  • graeme87
    Free Member

I recently got a new xc bike and came with rocket rons on it but I’m not impressed, now had 3 punctures and I hardly ever get punctures. What do you recommend? Still looking for light and fast but stronger.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Rocket Ron Snakeskins?

Northwind

I know most folks like them, but I couldn’t stop puncturing lighter Schwalbes- not pinches either, wee cuts in the rolling face mostly, and they were all snakeskin. No idea why but it’s not something I’ve had with anyone else.

Specialized Captain? Not as fast or as light, but tougher and grippier.

graeme87
    Free Member

Cheers guys

schmiken

Rocket Rons. Tubeless.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Maxxis Ikon

graeme87
    Free Member

@bigbloke do you use the ikon?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Yes on my 29er and full suss bikes. I used to use ralphs/nics depending on season etc. The Ikons roll quickly and have just a touch more grip than the ralphs, used them in the winter too which obviously they are not made for but surprisingly coped ok except in deep slop but even then just spin occasionally. I use the normal dual compound folding version which are 560g 29er and 535-545g 26″ . There are lighter triple compounds available and EXO protection versions too but pricey.

nixon
    Free Member

I’d recommend Continental X-King Racesports, 500g fast rolling all rounders, they’re working great for me.

graeme87
    Free Member

@nixon do you run them tubeless. That’s what I’m going to go to.

nixon
    Free Member

I ran them with tubes to start with and they were fine, I’m running them tubeless now and again no problems. They’re a bit of a pain to mount up tubeless due to the very tight bead, but once on they’re well and truly seated. I did quite a bit of research on light XC tyres when I was looking, and these were the lightest all rounders I could find (I’ve got the 2.1s, they’re quoted as 450g each but mine came out at 500-510g, still only 50g heavier than Race Kings though)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Xc tyres’ is closed to new replies.