Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Xc sus 29er
  • Clink

Choice of Anthem or Whyte M109. Both 2nd hand. No chance to ride. Anthem gets great reviews but get seems dated and I don’t have any QR rear wheels. Whyte more contemporary geo but possibly heavier? It’s for long trail/xc and marathon rides.

Yak

I had a m109. Average/cheap build got it to c 28lb. Incredibly quick downhill, more trail than xc. Really fun to ride. Quick up too, but not hardtail quick up.

I never used it for long rides though, much prefer a rigid ss for those, so in the end I never used it that much and sold it.

Clink

That’s useful thanks. I always used to do long ride on ss – Manx 100 was a step too far though (for me anyway!).

Wally

I have had three Anthems and a M109. All sold – fidget pants.
    M109 is way better. My mate I sold it too for £600 loves it. Unsurprising really 🙂 Mates rates. Be aware M109’s were being pumped out for 1.2K last christmas.

I put some better wheels on the M109 and it flew.

Be wary of Carbon M109’s in large, they have a habit of snapping seatubes

ac282

I snapped my medium m109c twice in a year. Not a good bike to buy second hand.

Clink

Presume that’s not the alu version though?

ac282

It was the carbon version and to be fair to whyte, they did replace it very fast both times.

I would consider getting a new bike from them as they warranty service was very good. Buying second hand is a bit different.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Anthem x29 is fast and a confidence booster.
    Great bike!
    Unfortunately not been using mine much at the moment.
    It’s a large frame if your interested?
    singlespeedtothemax1@hotmail.co.uk
    Max

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Xc sus 29er’ is closed to new replies.