Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • XC racing & categories
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m contemplating having a crack at the Midlands XC series this year and I’m just wondering what category to enter in?

I had my first go at XC racing last year in the Hope XC up at Lee Quarry, didn’t do too bad, coming 4th overall in the Weekend Warriors (no licence holding) category.

I’ve done a fair few CRC marathons (top 50 kinda placing) plenty of sportives and the odd other marathon/XC Enduro.

Would Sport be the best bet or am I going to get my bottom kicked, also would I need a licence to enter that category.

large418
    Free Member

Go for Sport. You won’t get your arse kicked, there’s always someone faster and slower than you (well, most of the time anyway). If you don’t enjoy it, move up or down a category for the next race. You don’t need a licence for sport either. (Check out XCracer.com for more info). And enjoy it (and remember it’s only a bunch of people riding bikes round in circles!).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If your serious try and enter one cat lower than you should for instant glory (at least that’s what they seem to do here)

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sport sounds right for you. I raced that category 2 years back….the guys at the front are as fast as a lot of the Elites, but a decent range of ability.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘XC racing & categories’ is closed to new replies.