Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • XC Racing – all easy crap round flat parks….
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://vimeo.com/119614566[/video]
    https://vimeo.com/119614566
    Great video from XC racing in Rotorua, one of the lads hopping down the rock at about 1.10 guided us round their on the tiny 100mm HT was incredible to watch 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

Dusty trails….. I can just about remember what it’s like to ride them.

beej

Great vid. Droppers? No. Skills, yes.

sbtouring
    Free Member

Great film. The singletrack in the forest at Rotorua is amazing, just wish i had the time and money to go back.

sas78

Wow, nice skills and no droppers. My kind of fun!

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Great film. The singletrack in the forest at Rotorua is amazing, just wish i had the time and money to go back.

What he said.
    Last time I was there I came very close to not coming back!

therevokid
    Free Member

dusty trails .. ???? what is this magic you speak of 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dusty trails? They get a bit dull after a while

Kahurangi

mikew – you probably know Te Whaka as well as anyone, do you know what trail that rock was on?

Rorschach
    Free Member

You’re getting confused with cyclocross 😉

glasgowdan
    Free Member

We’re riding dusty trails in Scotland just now, but less about them, nothing to see here

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/81759783[/video]
    Jon it’s the new Boulderdash trail, 10 mins from the first trail head
    http://www.riderotorua.com/trails.php?id=99&catid=1

benji
    Free Member

If you want nice challenging technical xc, get yourself to the nutcracker series in Yorkshire it’s spot on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Waits for mtbel to tell us all that he/she/troll does that sort of thing on a racing road bike, has done as long as he/she/troll has lived etc. *

Looks ace!

jamj1974

Looks lovely. I would love to ride it!

As for droppers and hardtails – way back when, we had neither. If it was on the trail you rode it or carried over it. I wouldn’t be as fast or smooth* but I would ride it on a similar bike.

EDIT: *nowhere near!

mtbel
    Free Member

You really have taken my comment about your gravel bike riding capabilities to heart CFH haven’t you?
    Oddly enough, I met up with a bunch of friends this morning for a 60 odd mile group ride. One of the guys was on a disc braked 37mm slick tyred, drop bar bike. funnily enough, neither his wider tyres nor his disc brakes opened up any new genre of riding or even the ability to ride the rough, mud strewn roads any faster than the rest of us. it simply offered him a more comfortable ride and from the momentum I still had compared to him after each corner I’m in no way envious of either his brakes or wider tyres. Being a decent well rounded adult he wasn’t in the slightest flustered by my views on such things.

Everything in Mike’s XC race vid looks completely straightforward to ride, the little rock chute in the pic certainly isn’t a highly technical feature for a half decent rider. it is indeed awesome that these XC racers aren’t getting off to walk down it though.

flange
    Free Member

Everything in Mike’s XC race vid looks completely straightforward to ride, the little rock chute in the pic certainly isn’t a highly technical feature for a half decent rider. it is indeed awesome that these XC racers aren’t getting off to walk down it though.

I read your name as mt bel and thus wonder if it’s short for mt bell end…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I await the vid of mtbel riding it 🙂 It’s a stiff bit of trail, especially to race it. I’ve had the pleasure to be in some events (lap stages) with some of these top guys and ridden with a few socially and in all honesty their skill level is right up there and the commitment to ride at that level while pushing hard to race is hard work.

mtbel
    Free Member

I read your name as flange.

pay my fair and I’ll happily ride it for you live Mike

flange
    Free Member

21 minutes to come up with that. Inspired. Good job you’re so quick on a bike…

mtbel
    Free Member

with your ability to take such issue with my opinion and resort to unsubstantiated insults I’m now wondering if your’s is short for premenstrual?

Rorschach
    Free Member

🙄

everyone
    Free Member

And the handbags are out!

mtbel
    Free Member

that tick of yours seems to be getting worse ‘chach

jamj1974

in all honesty their skill level is right up there

Too true! Most pro XC racers have superb skills. It’s a bit like the fallacy that DH riders don’t have fitness.

commitment to ride at that level while pushing hard to race is hard work.

Pushing it lap after lap and nailing it each time is bloody hard! I know how my skill levels drop with fatigue.

rOcKeTdOg

Not a lot of room for over taking! Looks ace

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘XC Racing – all easy crap round flat parks….’ is closed to new replies.