Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • XC Race Tyres for the early part of season- wet n muddy!
  • rep341
    Free Member

Done to death no doubt- but after trawling a couple of well known bike part online sellers I dont seem to see a recommended tyre for the wet n muddy and general riding conditions. Looking for a tubeless ready tyre that can be set up as my “wet” tyres. I have racing ralphs and Specialized Fast Traks for the dry. So what do you recommend for a set of wets?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Beavers for 29ers or Bonty mud x seem to be the usual recommendations. I’ve used the latter and they are very good.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I split the difference last week for the first race of the season.Ralph on the front ,mud x on the back 😯

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Might be talking out my a**e but my 29er Rocket Rons seem to cope with UK conditions quite well for such a light and racy tyre. So I run Ralph Rear, Ron front, Pacestar compound both in 2.25 on my 29er hardtail for marathons etc on 90% of UK days, and when dry is pretty much guaranteed then Ralph front and Rear

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Geax Gato’s are very good.
    http://www.geax.com/en/products/?cat=2&prod=7

njee20
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you? Some places rarely necessitate a full on mud tyre, whilst others need something very aggressive for 11 months of the year!

I also really rate Rons as an all rounder. Liked them in 26″, really impressed with their 29er counterparts.

rep341
    Free Member

Its for SXC and round 1 is this weekend in Forfar- all nice and natural from memory but with some slate thrown in too

skellnonch
    Free Member

Ron/Ralph or Ron/Renegade was good last year in the dry

njee20
    Free Member

Ron/Ralph or Ron/Renegade was good last year in the dry

Shame the thread title is for “wet and muddy” tyres 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘XC Race Tyres for the early part of season- wet n muddy!’ is closed to new replies.