Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • xc race helmets? whats good, around £80?
  • trialsguru
    Free Member

Now, I’m new to race gear, having used a xen since they came out I am finding it too hot and sweaty when racing! Can anyone recommended a good xc race helmet? I love the look of the specialized s works but have a limit of about £80.

Any advice?

Cheers guys.

Pete

jonb
    Free Member

Try bell. I really like my Sweep and I’ve seen them for £70 on ribble cycles.

It’s often sold as a road helemt too as it has a removable visor. They have a crash replacement policy too which worked in my favour 🙁

With helmets, unfortunately you can’t just pick the one you like, it’s really important to get a good fit. Go and try some on first.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

I had a Sweep XC and loved it, vented so well! It died in a branch head incident, and couldn’t ind another one quickly, as I would happily had another.

Currently using Giro Athlon, I like it again vents well although the white with green flames is a little bright!

On One have a deal on them currently
    http://on-one.co.uk/i/q/HEGIATHL/giro-athlon-helmet-2011

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

S-works are available around £90. I love mine, had 3

APF

trialsguru
    Free Member

Who sell s works helmets for £90? I’d stretch my budget to that!!

thejesmonddingo

Cheapest S-works I can see is here
    http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=21392&categoryID=1096
    and it’s a 2010.
    Ian

xc-steve
    Free Member
    The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I use a Bell Sweep for XC racing, excellent fit and vents well. S Works lids look nice but not tried one

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘xc race helmets? whats good, around £80?’ is closed to new replies.