Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • xc race handlebars, suggestions please!
  • trialsguru
    Free Member

hey guys,

I’m after a new handlebar but so far can’t find anything that fits my requirements.

Im after something fairly light, around 720-730mm width and either flat or 10-15mm rise.

preferably 25.4mm bar clamp, but if there’s only 31.8mm ill have to look at a new stem.

can anyone recommend me something?

cheers,
    Pete

jonba
    Free Member

Sunnline V1, it’s what I use on the bike I race on.
    There are carbon options but most are oversized. A few Easton bargains for standard stems when I looked about 3 months ago.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Handle bars seem to have got alot heavier again recently. I have a sunline V1 25.4 thats only about 155grams.

There was a recall on the 31.8mm so I wonder if alot were failing and there’s decided to beef them up a bit esp as they are getting wider.

Still even though bars are getting wider 720-730mm is surely too wide to be considered an XC race bar ? Some racer still use 580mm bars.

I use 685mm wide bars and there was one race I was struggling to get through the trees when I got tired.

The Crank brothers cobalt 3 is fairly light for a good price.
    click

but only goes to 680mm which personally seems about right too me.

trialsguru
    Free Member

hmm, well anything will be a reduction on the 750’s im using at the mo!

coming from a trials/DH/trail riding background i will struggle with anything much under 720…

thomthumb
    Free Member

xc race bars at 730.

what you talkin bout?

chop down your 750s

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

3T bars and stem, lovely!

njee20
    Free Member

So really, the ‘XC race’ tag is a red herring…

Check out Mt Zoom risers, not sure how wide they are, but they’re light, great value and a good shape.

Buzzard
    Free Member

I’m trying out the new 3T extendo. Just 2 rides so far but I’, liking it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘xc race handlebars, suggestions please!’ is closed to new replies.