Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • XC lightweight kneepads
  • teenrat

I had an off last week, very minor, but my knee took a knock. I have had alot of knee problems over the years and it really doesn’t take alot to cause swelling and discomfort. As a result of my off, my knee is now very swollen and painful. So,i’m after some knee pads, not the hard armour type, but some lightweight ones that will still be comfortable on long XC rides. Ive seen the pads by g form, which get good reviews, but are there any better ones out there. Ive got some sixsixone rhythm elbow pads which are good – how are the knee versions – any good?

kayak23

Really like my G-form.

bruneep

Really like my bliss

pembo6
    Free Member

I love my Dainese Trailskins.

gelert
    Free Member

Bliss ARG Minimalist – been pretty fantastic all winter for training rides and long pedal XC rides – no rubbing or soreness at all. Not tested their crash protection but they have to be better than nothing. They fit under AM pants too which is an advantage in the cold.

I go up to RaceFace Ambush when the speeds are higher or for gnarlier tracks.

poah
    Free Member

trail skins

stevied
    Free Member

Trail skins here too, really pleased with them

rjmccann101

Another vote for the Bliss ARG Minimalist pads, I bought a pair a few weeks ago for the exact same reason as you give for wanting some and have found them very comfortable and almost unnoticeable when riding. How they will feel when/if summer rolls round is another matter but then that’s going to be true of any pads.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I’m using Launch Enduro Knee Pad and elbow, don’t slip fit and forget.

andybrad

used the d3o rceface indy ones and they are good but rubbed a hole in my shin.

the g form ones are ace. However they look rubbish and I couldn’t get mine to last longer than a year. They do however offer really good knock protection (tested by a workmate twatting me with a bar of 718)

currently got the fox endure ones. There the comfiest of the lot tbh but the padding is minimal. I would buy the fox or g form again.

andyrm
    Free Member

The new 661 Recon pad are brilliant 🙂

benp1

Went through the same thing recently, bought some Dainese Trail Skins

They’re like thick knee warmers. I’ve worn them for 3 day bikepacking trip, they were fine

happybiker
    Free Member

Fox Enduro are also like knee warmers. Totally unobtrusive

iainc

I bought some Alpinestars Paragon ones a while back, not worn on bike yet, but they seem very unobtrusive and comfy in the house!

packer
    Free Member

I’ve tried quite a few and G-Form are my favourites

rossburton
    Free Member

Endura Singletrack pads are working nicely for me.

Alex

Another trailskins advocate here. Fallen on mine a few times and definitely work protecting your knees.

warpcow
    Free Member

Alpinestars Paragons work for me. Fit well, stay in place and have shrugged off a couple of crashes. Relatively cheap too.

excalibur

Andyrm
    Where can you buy the 661s?

nickc

paragon user here, very comfy, saved my knee from a dog.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Volleyball knee pads. Seriously!!

mintimperial

Trailskins here. Have walloped them a few times and they definitely work. Barely noticed they were there after the first couple of rides with them.

Northwind

Normal knee pads? They’re bulkier so not as good under clothes, but for everything else they’re better imo- not generally any more restrictive (sometimes less, just because of the more enclosing design) or much sweatier, but far more protective, especially for side knocks where a lot of these minimal pads just have no protection at all. A good fitting set of something like a 661 Rage soft pad would be my choice (and I’ve happilly worn mine for days on the trot, soloing 7 hour races and that…)

(I’ve tested my gform elbows a couple of times, I’d rate them about as protective as a couple of layers of clothes. Token effort basically)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘XC lightweight kneepads’ is closed to new replies.