• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by km79.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XC HT Frame Recommendation
  • letmetalktomark

At the weekend I rode in a local 6hr XC enduro on my FF29.

I had been looking at possibly swapping this for an alloy Niner Air but ……..

A combination of “only” 2.25” tyres, lack of frame flex, 31.6mm post and a WTB saddle chiseled by a torturous man left me fairly beaten up and not enjoying the last couple of laps.

I knew I should have ridden my fat bike.

So …. excuses a side I’m looking for some XC frame that might be a little more compliant.

I really like my how my Pipedream Skookum rides but thats a 6lb frame and I would like to think I could get comfort for less weight.

Soon Any suggestions?

Please STW your by backsides only hope 😆

jonnyboi

why have you ruled out a full suss?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Two very obvious choices:

BMC Teamelite TE01 (2017 onwards)
    Trek Procaliber

letmetalktomark

@jonnyboi – I had a Trance 29er until recently that I sold on for two reason ….. well three really

1) For 90% of my riding a HT is fine and even that can be a little overkill in the salt flats of Suffolk
    2) Again where I mainly rides its sandy and whilst it doesn’t end up like grinding paste it was a faff keeping all the pivots clear on the Trance.
    3) I’m a HT luddite at the end of the day!

jonnyboi

Cannondale F-Si alloy?

You get the flex rear stays and a 27.2 seat post

km79
    Free Member

No help on the frame but what does an XC enduro involve, how does it work?

dawson

Enduro in the old MTB usage was longer xc races, as opposed to the new gnar stormtrooper version

sebgt
    Free Member

I’ve found my Yeti ARC hard tail to be pretty compliant, often get the feeling I have a flat rear tyre! Well compared to a Scott Scale anyway

km79
    Free Member

dawson – Member

Enduro in the old MTB usage was longer xc races, as opposed to the new gnar stormtrooper version Ah ok, thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘XC HT Frame Recommendation’ is closed to new replies.