Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • XC HT 29er
  • lehutch
    Free Member

Have been thinking about getting a 2nd MTB. Already got a FS for single track fun, but was considering building a light 29er hard tail for XC.

Would like to keep it relatively cheap, but willing to splash out on certain components if required.

Anyone want to inspire me?

curvature
    Free Member

I have just bought a Orange Clockwork S.

Maybe not at the bottom end of the market but I put good deposit on it and 0% finance at £35 a month.

I have since put on an XT rear mech, Hope X2 brakes and feel it is a good value bike with great after sales support from a UK brand.

Cheezpleez

If you’re looking for cheap fun and a conrast to your FS then you need a rigid SS Inbred with Crests on Hope or Superstar hubs with wide bars and a big tyre up front. Or you could go for a bargainacious Cannondale Trail 29 SS.

Clink

On-one Scandal? Light, cheap. Spend money on nice wheels. Job done.

khani
    Free Member

New on a budget = Scandal or for a bit more one of These..

lehutch
    Free Member

Not sure about going rigid and ss, but thanks for the suggestion. Was considering going 1×10 though

Like the look of the scandal with crest rims however

ahwiles
    Free Member

Genesis mantle?

fizzicist
    Free Member

I’m probably going to buy a Cube Reaction GTC for this.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Going Scandal with Crest rims here (probably on the funworks hubs.) The fork is the tricky one. Rebas from Merlin seem to be the best bet as there aren’t many good deals to be had on SIDs. Rest of it was going to be parts bin bits, then get the mt zoom bars and seatpost.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘XC HT 29er’ is closed to new replies.