Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • xc flat shoes
  • luigi_t8
    Free Member

I am looking for some flat shoes for xc/am riding around the peak district and lake district.

All of the threads i have found on this have just said that 5:10 impact’s are the only things to consider however i would not consider these xc shoes at all.

I want something stiff with good grip (i know grip wont be as good as the 5:10’s) but far less bulky and heavy than the 5:10’s.

I have looked at things like the teva links which look better but they are still a bulky skate style shoe.

I have also looked at other 5:10 shoes (for other sports) as many have suitable sole designs but i’m not sure how stiff some of these would be.

I can’t seem to find anything between a huge flat downhill shoe and a superlight carbon spd shoe.

sambob
    Free Member

Teva Links are a bit more sleek that 5:10s, as are Shimano AM41.

avdave2

I’ve been very happy with am41’s. I’ve been using them all winter and find the sole plenty stiff rough for Xcode. Grip has been good enough even on the dirt cheap cast wellgo pedals on my rigid bike. Sizing is a bit more realistic than previous shimano SPD shoes I’ve used

Duane…
    Free Member

How about those slim 5.10 shoes, these;

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve had the AM40s (still wear them for work/commuting) and now the Links. I wouldn’t worry about their skate shoe look, they’re stiff enough, grippy enough and very comfortable. I have the stiffer insole inserts in the AM40s and they’re not as stiff as the Links now they’re getting old, though I’m not sure they were to start with either. I gather the 5.10s get stiffer as you head towards the big DH shoes and away from the more skate shoe look.

tomstickland
    Free Member

I use the Shimano flat shoes now. Better than 510s in my experience.

superfurryhead
    Free Member

+1 for the Shimano good grip and the flap stops most of the cack getting in your socks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘xc flat shoes’ is closed to new replies.