Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • XC 29er choice – help for a friend
  • benjbish

A friend is after a 29er. XC orientated really. Any recommendations? He’s looking at a Cube Acid and a Trek Mamba. Anything else work a look?

Cheers,

Ben.

andycs

On One Scandal.

rewski
    Free Member

FF29

Wookster

Ah your “Friend” eh…… 8)

Well I’d tell your “friend” that 29er’s are quite normal lots of people try it, but to be careful….and to go for a Solaris”

twoniner
    Free Member

On One Scandal.

This ^^

I started off on a scandal 29er. cheap as chips builds and ride really well.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Kinesis FF29 full build for £1.5k

Forme Winscar 29 XT, same price but all shimano XT, basically the same frame.

stimpy
    Free Member

I ride a Grand Canyon so I’ll recommend that.

Stable, fast, lovely.

Very very happy with it.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Scandal vote here!
    I started with a Scandal ages ago and for the money you can’t go wrong. I ride mine lots but have it totally rigid now, mans riding!

timc
    Free Member

i got a giant xtc in the end of year sale last year! only 29er ive ridden a lot, id recommend, so worth considering! gets great write ups as well

ukcanyon
    Free Member

Hi there Ben,

You might want to check out Canyon. We deal direct with the customer so by cutting out the middle men we pass on a lot of savings directly to you.

Check out the Yellowstone 29er or the Grand Canyon AL if you want to spend a little more.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3005

We have a customer service office in Kingston-upon-Thames. Feel free to call us for a chat if you want to talk bikes.

Regards,
    Trevor @ Canyon UK

timbur
    Free Member

Those FF29er are bloody lovely.
    The XTC carbon is pretty as well. Massive BB area so stiff as you like.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

anything from Trek, Giant, Cube will be decent. but that canyon yellowstone looks real good value at that pricepoint.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘XC 29er choice – help for a friend’ is closed to new replies.