Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • XBOX360…reliable ?
  • takisawa2

Are XBox360’s generally reliable ?

Bough mine back in Jan & its started freezing during games.
    Amazon are sending a replacement, but part of me thinks I should have gone for a PS3 instead. If this one goes the same way I might just go for the refund they offered.
    Annoying because the PS2 I have has worked faultlessly for 7yrs now.
    Do you think the PS3 is as reliable ?

atlaz
    Free Member

Mine redringed after 12 months. Seems fine now.

theflatboy
    Free Member

just get a ps3 – everyone agrees that they’re better. mine is running beautifully, complete with 300gb drive full of various bits and pieces.

franki
    Free Member

Most (if not all) 360 owners I know are well acquainted with the red ring of doom. 🙁

jon1973
    Free Member

just get a ps3

That’s a lot of extra money.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

You get 3 years warranty for ring of death tho.

I’ve also been told that if you have other issues, mention you’ve had the ROD and you’ll get a free fix.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

get a ps3 – everyone agrees that they’re better

😯

porterclough
    Free Member

My son’s got the red ring of death after 15 months. My PS3 on the other hand is fine (gets less use probably…)

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    theflatboy – Member

just get a ps3 – everyone agrees that they’re better. mine is running beautifully, complete with 300gb drive full of various bits and pieces.
    Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

Erm i don’t.

Nice fanboyism tho.

Creg

I got my first 360 from Gamestation and it was dead after a week, they replaced it with another one which started to go wrong after a month or so (freezing, e74 errors, HDD errors). Ive since got rid of it and replaced it with a PS3 which is much better (never thought I would hear myself say it).

I dont play on them much, the 360 got maybe 3 hours usage a week. The PS3 gets maybe 1hr of gametime a day. I have a Wii which gets used a lot and thats working a treat.

I dont think I would get another 360 now having experienced the PS3 and the Wii (or maybe I was just unlucky with my consoles)

fubar
    Free Member

I think it’s fair to say that they aren’t very reliable. The newer ones should (!) be more reliable. There is a 3 year waranty on the red rings of death problem which helps. A friend had to send his back to Microsoft and the turn around was pretty impressive – about a week (they have had plenty of practice).

The PS3 is not without it’s problems (e.g. Disc problems) although I know more people with 360 issues (but then I know more people with 360s)

the_lecht_rocks

gears of war 2. simple as 🙂
    360 every time and it has a proper man-sized controller.

samuri
    Free Member

I had the ROD about 2 months after buying mine, had it repaired and it’s been fine ever since. It was *a lot* cheaper than a PS3 and I don’t want a blu ray player so it works for me.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Erm i don’t.

Nice fanboyism tho.

you must have missed the announcement – sony were declared the official winner, they got a trophy and everything.

TomTom_TFT
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member

Jamie – Member

Erm i don’t.

Nice fanboyism tho.

you must have missed the announcement – sony were declared the official winner, they got a trophy and everything.

LOL, I think I missed that one…..

I have had this argument on many a forum (AV usually) and you get the 2 camps of PS3 and 360.

I had my 360 Red Ring, it got fixed and replaced very quickly and still game on it.

I use my PS3 mostly for Blu-Ray.

I prefer the Xbox Live experience for multi-player and think it is a great console.

I couldn’t choose as they both do something different in my home set up but I think the 360 has had major flaws.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

xbox wins with live though. ps3 might be a better machine on paper, but for me the 360 “pwns”.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I had three over 3 years or so (360’s). Yes rrod twice, but very good warranty and turnaround. Got rid of my last one 6 months ago, as i didnt have the time for it.

Mrs Swift bought a PS3 purely as a bluray player shortly after, and all i can say is, where are all the good games?
    Gears 2, Halo3, and PGR are as good, if not better than any similar title on PS3, and theyre all a year old or more, and although its a better console technically, as we’re all told, buy the same games on both, and there’s no discernably “better” picture.
    More of a Plasma/LCD difference, one warmer, the other sharper.

IMO, without the bluray player, PS3 would have crashed and burned in some style, dragging sony down with it.

bentos
    Free Member

In terms of gaming quality you only have to look at the control pads; Xbox’s are ergonomically designed, where as the PS3’s are near enough the same as the PS1’s were and just as uncomfortable to use.
    Yes the PS3 may look better, run quieter and have bluray, but as a games machine it comes up well short against the 360 (even taking into account the reliability issues).

TenMen
    Free Member

My 360, bought on the say they were released, lasted until a week before the 3yr warranty ran out. After several conversations with some appalling Americans at Microsoft, they replaced the motherboard for free, including free P&P, and got it back to me within 2 weeks, and it’s been equally fine for the last year or so.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

My xbox redringed – had it repaired under the microsoft recall scheme – works ok but now and then plays up – I lift the console up about 1/2″ and drop it down and it fixes it every time (make sure no disc is in the tray first) – only use console in horizontal never upright as the disc can get badly damaged otherwise.
    Overall, great console – used on hd monitor – graphics first rate.

takisawa2

Thanks all.
    The replacement from Amazon was on the doorstep at 8pm this morning.
    I only called them at 3pm yesterday.!!!
    Lets see how this one goes.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘XBOX360…reliable ?’ is closed to new replies.