Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Xbox360/Minecraft advive
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Hopefully someone can help me with this and please bear in mind the information I’m relaying is courtesy of a 7 year old and I know nothing about these things!!!
    So he has an xbox360 and likes to play Minecraft.
    Santa brought him two new games 1. Minecraft Diamond Edition and 2.Minecraft Story Mode.
    Little Fatgit says neither work properly.
    1. Won’t play at all-the unit doesn’t seem to recognise the disc in the way that other games are and won’t allow him to select the game
    2. He can access the game and it takes him through the first chapter but then it gets to a certain point and the only thing that he can select takes him back to the beginning. He says the unit thinks it’s add not a game.

Does this mean anything to anyone?
    Any help gratefully received
    Cheers
    Steve

matt_outandabout

Sounds like he is still on the demo according to eldest_oab.

Are the disc’s UK discs / legit / new or good second hand? Is he careful putting them in…
    Is there enough space on the hard drive for a small install?
    Do you have an MS account? I have a free MS account, and the lads use that for any games that need to be online, and again before we had this it caused much confusion.

I have to say, XBox/MS account stuff is all geared towards you paying for monthly subscription and downloads for games…

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Never thought about the demo thing- I’ll look at that.
    He isn’t allowed online but may have to consider it-not sure if the games are meant to be online or not
    Games are legit and new.
    Cheers
    Steve

ji
    Free Member

You can play Minecraft* offline (but it may be that you need an online account / access to the internet enabled to allow updates to the game).

*the original, not sure about the story mode.

nemesis
    Free Member

1 Sounds like either a non legit version or a version from another country that may not work in the UK. Or it needs downloads (see below)

2 the story mode game disc is effectively just a token/license to allow you to download and play the levels (episodes) – there are four at the moment with a fifth due before too long. The first episode or part of it can be played as a demo.

If his xbox isn’t connected to the Web and doesn’t have a MS live account (and I disagree that it’s geared to having to pay – nem jnr has an xbox and hasn’t paid for anything other than one minecraft skin (a couple of quid) in two years)) then he won’t be able to download the story mode levels.

Aside from that, you can’t get updates, bug fixes, etc if the console isn’t online. Parental controls are good so long as they’re set up so I’d suggest getting on and doing that and then sorting out getting it online.

It’s worth noting that getting the console online doesn’t mean he can play online, they’re two separate things – nem jnr doesn’t pay any online games on his xbox 360 (though he does on his pc – under supervision).

Happy to offer more advice as necessary.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Xbox360/Minecraft advive’ is closed to new replies.