Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Xbox one help please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Jeeebesus do all games take this long to download? Laddo has bought the one with clancys division included and black ops 3 as an extra. So **** slow. Only 50 % downloaded after 7 hours!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Reset your router?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah done that. Changed the channel etc. Even hard wired the xbox in to the router now. Just so bloody slow!

nairnster
    Free Member

Is that downloading or installing from disc?

Its normally faster if you dont apply any updates for the game until after you install it.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

As an aside, it took me 30mins to download 2gig game on my PS4 earlier. This is a PS4 hardwired into a Virgin router running 250mb fibre.

Sometimes it’s just the MS/Sony servers being shit.

Cougar

I’ve never had a problem, but it is of course dependent on the speed of your connection. I’ve got 40Mbps here (which over the shitty Wi-Fi on the Sky hub is about 20Mbps) and it can take an amount of time but not hours.

What’s your connection like (and who with)?

skids
    Free Member

it all depends on the speed of your internet connection

wrightyson
    Free Member

Got approx 10mbps coming in on the line but the router seems to have gone tits up. Tried various channels and it’s only pulling about 1.5 mbps according to speed test. However I took it out of his room and hardwired it to the router, would you get the same line speed there as it’s now hard wired?

ade9933
    Free Member

Yeah – ours took forever when I bought it at Christmas. I was glad I started downloading the games a week before.

The thing that really annoys me is because we don’t use it that often it seems to need updating every time we want to play so the choice is don’t play or play offline.

Wouldn’t have happened with Atari! 😉

olddog

It doesn’t take me that long to download games, more 30 minutes to hour for a full size +30gb-ish game. I’ve found the MS servers pretty quick. I did have issues with the really slow WiFi adapter on the old 360 but cured by using Ethernet cable.

The update issue is a real pain though. There are monthly OS updates, the bigger OS updates can mean updates for all games, and any game with online elements there are regular updates often to balance on line elements. The way to avoid the waits is to not use power save shut down, but the “sleep” mode and the Xbox will update everything when switched “off”. Not ideal and you need to watch data download volumes if you don’t have unlimited

Cougar

The way to avoid the waits is to not use power save shut down, but the “sleep” mode and the Xbox will update everything when switched “off”.

Ah, good point. That might well explain the difference in “experience.”

However I took it out of his room and hardwired it to the router, would you get the same line speed there as it’s now hard wired?

Depends where the problem is. What are you seeing speed wise on wired / wireless on a PC / laptop?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Xbox one help please.’ is closed to new replies.