Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • XBOX Games
  • samuri
    Free Member

Any more recommendations? I seem to have reached a bit of a stalemate as far as games go now. Just finished Forza 4 which was excellent but too easy. Even with all the aids except replay turned off I never lost a race.

Playing Skyrim at the moment which is huge but it’s starting to get a bit samey so I only play that for a bit before getting bored.

Any quirky driving games I might not have come across yet? I’ve played all the usual suspects.

Dark Souls looks OK, anyone tried it?

Anything else? Ta.

samuri
    Free Member

Saints row the Third?
    Rage?

carlphillips
    Free Member

turn replay off and play it properly!

zilog6128

Playing Saints Row III at the moment. It’s brilliant. Hilarious, tons to do, and a nice big evolutionary step from the previous game.
    As for quirky driving games – Mashed Reloaded from the original XBox (should work on 360 though). Also the best 4-blokes-on-one-console game ever made!

samuri
    Free Member

😉 It would just be frustrating then. In the latter stages some of the races can take ages, imagine on of the cars going buggy (like they do sometimes) and taking you out on the last corner.

GW
    Free Member

Time to get a PS3?

Got Rage, I like it

The games I go back to most are MX Vs ATV Alive, Gran Turismo and MW3. GT being worth the cost of a Ps3 alone! Dirty shuffle racing online revived the game for me when online friends had lost interest..

Couldn’t ever get bored of MX

Jamie
    Free Member

Limbo on the XBL marketplace is a fun couple of hours.

Arkham City is what I am playing now, pretty good.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve been enjoying RAGE on xbl but not tried it singleplayer. Forza4 gets quite dull (and a tad easy) singleplayer, more fun with mates on live. Made a few cars with bike liveries now, the Cotic one gets most attention.

samuri
    Free Member

Rage then. hopefully i can get into town before it snows too much

nicko74

Dark Souls is frustrating in the extreme, but IME incredibly addictive. I hate myself for needing to play it, because it gets me so angry… 🙂

Arkham City, as mentioned above. Fallout? quite samey, mind.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Space marine was fun too, the singleplayer is quickly over though with the difficulty between normal and hard being a huge leap.

I got rage for £13 at game in the sale.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

LA Noire was good too, it’s really cheap now as it has no replay value.

DaddyPig
    Free Member

If you like shooters then battlefield 3 takes some beating. It’s like cod for grown ups. Gears of war 3
    Is also worth a play through

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Fifa 12 if you like footy. Then you can try and take Bradford City to the Champions League like me 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Bargainous visit there.

3 for 2 (12 quid each), I got WRC 2, Rage and Saboteur.
    Also picked up LA Noire for 13 quid.

legend
    Free Member

turn replay off and play it properly!

still too easy. the AI is shit imo 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Still going to throw my weight behind Limbo 😉

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

I can recomend Just Cause 2. It’s a tenner in Tesco’s at the mo and I’ve had over 25 hours out of it so far. Huge area to mosey round, I believe its 400 square kilometers.

unovolo
    Free Member

Mass effect 2
    Batman Arkham Asylum or city.

GW
    Free Member

Somebody should have bought a
    PS3 instead of a ropey dropper post 😛

Jamie
    Free Member

I am not 100%, but I think GW thinks you should get a PS3.

meddle
    Free Member

Play some of the classics if you haven’t already, there hasn’t been many tidy games in recent times, Mass Effect and Bioshock are brilliant. Mass Effect 2 has been my favourite game since the days of FF7 – X.

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, I really liked Bioshock.

Rage seems OK, seems to be a mixture of various other games such as Fallout and Red Faction. The battles are quite exciting actually, very well made if a little linear.

WRC 2 is a poor comparison to Dirt 3 but it’s OK.

GT is alright on the PS3, I’ve played that a few times, it’s no Forza though.

GeForceJunky

Forza 4 is all about Rivals mode. The career is boring and online is good if you can find some good people to race, but most of the time its just banger racers. Get some mates or a car club and try and set some good times on the Rival mode leader boards. Thats defiantly not too easy. We have a Top Gear -Star in a Reasonably Priced Car lapboard in our house. I’m currently in the lead with a 1.39.67, 96th out of 270,000 in the world. Its great fun trying to beat each other by hundredths of a second each time.

I assume you’ve played the usual other driving games F1 2011 and Dirt 3? I quite enjoyed playing through Grid if you haven’t played that. Its defiantly worth getting a steering wheel if you like driving games. Check out my setup:

For non driving I’m loving Battlefield 3 at the moment. So much more challenging than COD although its much harder work and takes a bit of tactics. I refuse to play it though if I don’t have 3 other mates online to form a good squad. Far too many frustrating idiots that cannot drive for shizz or camp at the back of the maps.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Geforce your set up reminds me of the one in my student house. 2 x PS2’s and GT3. Forza is a far better series these days. Was there not a STW car club?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Flatmate has been unavailable for the past few days playing Assasins Creed 2.
    Theres loads, have you played the Half Life series or Portal 2 yet?
    As others have said Bioshock is brilliant too.

I really liked Mass Effect 2, played it through twice.

Really looking forward to Mass effect 3, got lots of study to do this year so that could hinder things when it comes out…

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, F1, Grid and Dirt 3, all great games.

We have a Top Gear -Star in a Reasonably Priced Car lapboard in our house. I’m currently in the lead with a 1.39.67, 96th out of 270,000 in the world. Its great fun trying to beat each other by hundredths of a second each time.

I’ll have to check, I know I was in the low 1:40’s but I only tried a couple of times. This is the KIA, yes?

I enjoyed choosing a car, finding it’s record on Nordschleife in Wikipedia and beating it for a while. Again though, not that difficult despite the game circuit being longer IIRC.

samuri
    Free Member

Awesome setup by the way, reminds me a bit of the days I would spend playing Grand prix Legends. Now that was a great game.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘XBOX Games’ is closed to new replies.